SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":z4w6gud3 said:
OK - I think I'm just going to get out of the car...and start walking.
Yup, winter has definitely taken it's toll on the population. Can't wait for Spring weather to get here so some of these freaks can get outside and breathe in some fresh air. Sounds like cabin fever has really set in...

:lol:

Wait Daddy don't leave us again...I knew this drinking game would only lead to abandonment; good thing that therapist is on retainer.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!!!!!......I won 3rd place (and yes I'm celebrating this....refer to my horrible performance re Crapricious/Destiny debocle)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.....gonna start working on my recipe....as soon as my lab rat comes home. You guys do have an advantage in this area. I have to wait on my husband to taste my drinks :lol:

I always feel like a square wheel trying to come up with cocktail recipes...I can rarely come up with anything more complicated than "Add one ice cube to rocks glass (optional). Add Whiskey to taste. Drink until numb."

id - too bad, that recipe has already been submitted by kaiser! lol He sent me a bottle of Gentleman Jack with which to taste his suggested 2 shots and 3 cubes preference! Yes, I was suitably stunned. I clued him into my favorite sippin' juice...Rare Breed, an item produced by Wild Turkey that is astonishingly tasty. It's not watered out of the barrel so the consistency is heavier, like a good Brandy. Anyway, when there's an open bar with something good (at posh functions that my wife's employer does 2 - 3 times a year in the Bay area) I'll go for the best Whiskey (which at those affairs is usually a Scotch instead of kentucky Bourbon, either neat or with a couple of cubes so I won't get arrested again. In the words of Farmer Hoggins, "That'll do, pig!". lol 2

Anyway, it would seem our tastes are in line and on track.

Redbreast, whenever possible. Otherwise, Knob Creek for when I'm in the mood for bourbon. The only mixed drink I really enjoy is a straight forward g&t.

I like a good Bloody Mary...brunch drink. They're cool cause you can do a lot of different things with the tomato/hot sauce combo.

Lunchtime? A cold beer. What one depends on the time of year. Lager or IPA for Summer. Something far heavier for cold weather.

Afternoon? Out West we do Tequilla. If it's in the form of a Margarita that's just fine with me. Top shelf please. Frozen for Summer (it's a head banger) and stirred for cooler weather.

I like a good Manhattan...pre-dinner cocktail. Top Shelf. Very tasty.

While on vacation my wife and I will have a Midori (melon) Daiquiri. Arrrrr, Matey! Or a Long Island Iced Tea...ouch!

I like what used to be called a Godfather...after dinner. Equal protions of Scotch and Amaretto on the rocks. Sounds disgusting, tastes good.

I like a big fat scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream with a shot of Tia Maria poured over it...dessert thing. No sprinkles, thank you.

How often do I have any of the above? Maybe once a year. Unless I have of a second one of any of the above. That might just lead to about 8 of 'em, a trip to the slammer, detox...rehab...you know. Mistakes have been made. Regrets have been experienced. Ammends have been offered.

And the most important lesson? Easily...re-establishing your electrolyte balance.

There's some glitchy business going on with Site access with 'forumotion' taking over pathway access to the site, disallowing some links, some bookmarked links, and etc.

I may not be able to get the new mission posted up today as planned, but I'll try a bit later.

Be advised that if your access starts going through forumotion and it starts not letting you through...scroll down on that Page they send you to and you should find a working BoB link.

I'm going to get a few BoB pages up in separate tabs and leave 'em on to try and hold access open that way.

Good luck.

Over and out.

OK - I need to get outside and finish some work so this will be quick.

1. So far we have Greyson, Dr. T999, Kaiser 83, somedumbjerk and the rev having submitted drink recipes for the contest. I know that scotties22 mentioned she was planning on doing so - so I'll hold til the end of the week...Friday Midnight. We have all three spirits represented...I have the Whiskey on hand...so depending on the recipes I'll add a fifth of either dark or 151 style Rum (maybe I'll opt for my favorite Black Seal so I can do up a proper 'Dark and Stormy'...and then one of some garden variety Vodka.

Anyway, you have ti midnight Friday.

2. The February 'event'.

Hearts on Fire!

Find the new thread here:

A very belated "oh bother," at having missed this run, and congrats to the deserving chaps--looks like you got what was coming to you, all right! And looking forward to seeing the results of the cocktail competition--I've got a decently stocked bar myself, and all of the mentioned blends, I think, so will have to sample the champions in solidarity!

Oh, and Somedumbjerk's recipe looks great--love that Bulleit Rye, though it's a smoother rye than I usually go in for, especially when mixing. So tasty, though...

And just tried my first bottle of Redbreast, Idbowman, and am in heaven--as with the aforementioned rye, it's beguilingly smooth; maybe the best Irish I've ever tasted.

Cheers, one and all!

Didn't want to derail the new thread with this question, but I seem to have lost count...

Wasn't January the 10th mission? Making "Hearts on Fire" number 11?

(Trying to update my signature, and haven't had enough coffee to count yet this morning...)

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19408-as-requested-bombing-wing-sig-ribbons

Red is for 5 missions.
Black is 1 mission.
Purple Heart if you've been a target of the monthly mission.
The SR-71 was a stealth mission we did against the Commander.
And the ninja star is a monthly banner that is for if your bomb hits on the exact day it is supposed to, to early or late and you take it down and cry hoping to do better next month.