Stanley Cup Playoffs start today!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jets are playing well but keep getting hurt by mis-steps in the final minutes of the games. They lost Monday 5-4 in overtime after having a 4-3 lead going into the third. Shots on goal 35-31 in favor of Winnipeg. One thing about the Ducks they never give up, they've won so far based on their third period efforts.

Not much separating these teams:

game 1: 4-2 Ana
game 2: 2-1 Ana
game 3(OT): 5-4 Ana

RobJ":f14cd9n7 said:
I think the Canucks are in real trouble vs Calgary but I'm quite happy the Wings came ready to play last night beating the Bolts 3-0 with the rookie Mrazek claiming his first NHL playoff shout out. Goooo Wings.
Batten down the hatches and bar up the windows if you live in Vancouver. Canucks fans love to smash stuff when their team loses a playoff series. :p

Watching the Pengies vs Rangers. Rooting for the Rangers, Penguins are just one of those team I love to see lose.

:twisted:

Rangers 2-1 in O.T.

Not pretty but plenty hectic.

The pressure is on now.

The Pens/Rangers was great.
Caps up tonight, fingers crossed.
I'm in in a hotel, so I'll have to stream and watch on the laptop.

RobJ":vxhn3w9p said:
Watching the Pengies vs Rangers. Rooting for the Rangers, Penguins are just one of those team I love to see lose.

I agree. I have never associated the word "sissy" with a hockey player, but Sydney "Cindy" Crosby could very well be the biggest dive artist to ever play the game. Talented and fragile. He's lucky he wasn't playing in the NHL 20 years ago.

DrumsAndBeer":kvejcd89 said:
I have never associated the word "sissy" with a hockey player, but Sydney "Cindy" Crosby could very well be the biggest dive artist to ever play the game. Talented and fragile. He's lucky he wasn't playing in the NHL 20 years ago.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

AMEN

DrumsAndBeer":k20d8xq6 said:
RobJ":k20d8xq6 said:

I agree. I have never associated the word "sissy" with a hockey player, but Sydney "Cindy" Crosby could very well be the biggest dive artist to ever play the game. Talented and fragile. He's lucky he wasn't playing in the NHL 20 years ago.
:lol!:

Very talented but very fragile indeed. Plus so over hyped by the league I want to scream. Bettman's Baby.

Wings blew a 2 goal lead and went on to lose in OT last night. Darn.

Just settling in to hopefully watch the Rangers put away the Pengies.

Sweet Rangers win in OT 2 - 1!

The Pengies are done for the season.

:cheers:

RobJ":ingrhvfj said:
Wings blew a 2 goal lead and went on to lose in OT last night. Darn.

Just settling in to hopefully watch the Rangers put away the Pengies.
That was a good game, Pens/Rangers. Lot of cross-bar shots, even down the last 45 seconds, from both sides. Rangers prevailed, so I'm happy.

3 PM tomorrow will be a nail-biter, the Colosseum is a mad house (and potentially the last game there, I'm sure the Isles don't want to leave on a loss).

Wow, a brutal series with the Islanders. Before the game, hits were thru 6, 277 Caps vs 270 Isles.
But, we Rocked the Red tonight!

New York: Go ahead and knock down the Coliseum, you won't be needing it any more.

10422976_10152830668256762_9019083722256385922_n.png

Well the Canucks are done and the Wings too, so I'm going to need to find a team to root for now. Gotta love the playoffs.

I think coach Babcock's contract is a about up. I really hope the Red Wings don't let him get away; he's always said he doesn't do contact negotiations when the season is underway. Best coach in the NHL in my opinion.

RobJ":btmg31qe said:
Well the Canucks are done and the Wings too, so I'm going to need to find a team to root for now. Gotta love the playoffs.

I think coach Babcock's contract is a about up. I really hope the Red Wings don't let him get away; he's always said he doesn't do contact negotiations when the season is underway. Best coach in the NHL in my opinion.
I hope the Flyers sign Babcock. They haven't had a real coach since Ken Hitchcock, and arguably Pat Quinn.

DrumsAndBeer":9tou5yku said:
RobJ":9tou5yku said:

I hope the Flyers sign Babcock. They haven't had a real coach since Ken Hitchcock, and arguably Pat Quinn.
As a Caps fan, I was sorry the Flyers cut "The Chief" loose, but it seemed to be a mess there.

Caps take on the Rangers in about 30 minutes, that will be a tough series to win.

riff raff":jiz999tj said:
As a Caps fan, I was sorry the Flyers cut "The Chief" loose, but it seemed to be a mess there.
The Flyers are a mess. Hopefully Hextall can turn things around. Once Pronger's salary comes off the books (in 2017!) at 4.9 million a year :affraid: , they'll have some wiggle room in free agency. That's why they need a REAL Coach, not a project. I too feel bad for Berube, he did not deserve to be hung out to dry like that, but something's gotta break. Too bad the Flyers can't fire Ed Snider.

For you Riff Raff - Go Caps.. :D

Yeah it was hard to see the Rangers lose, oh well. I think the next game could well go their way.

Nope I really don't wanna see Babcock anywhere but where he belongs behind the Wings bench. :lol!: