Synjeco Group Buy Spring 2015 - SG Plugs, Schürch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way has anyone ever found the scented Bosun cut plug for sale in the US? Anybody know why synjeco doesn't do paypal?

Nismo, just wondering if you were able to call and find anything out.

nismo270r":8bsnyzzm said:
Unfortunately, this latest update isn't much of an update at all :|

According to everything in the USPS's system, it is still sitting in customs in Chicago and hasn't entered the postal system, yet their tracking shows it arrived at the USPS facility in Chicago on 4/17?? As far as I know, ISC is customs, so I'm going to call the local USPS consumer affairs department tomorrow when they open. Sorry, there isn't better news. This is by far the longest a shipment has ever taken to arrive.

Bugs, you'll have to contact them about the Bosun, not sure if it's scented or not.

John, the latest update is what I posted on the 10th. USPS says it's still sitting in customs in Chicago and they have no control over it. I did contact Synjeco and Daniel is going to contact Swiss Post to have them look into it as well. I'm fairly sure they're going to come back with the same info as USPS...customs. Waiting to hear back from Daniel and the 17th will be the arbitrary "they can hold it up to 30 days" timeframe, so still a waiting game at this point. I do apologize for the delay, it has come as quite the surprise, as there hasn't been an issue in the past. Again, looks like we got the short straw this go around.

thanks nismo. too bad the order is taking so long. I guess it ain't really worth the extra dough for priority if it sits in customs for a month :x

We shipped some beer glasses to a friend in Australia last month. After 2 weeks of it sitting in customs in Melbourne I called USPS. They said there was a massive worldwide customs delay and the problem was actually worse here than abroad. It sounds like it got hung up in the craziness in customs.

Customs............

I have two sets of pipes "lost in customs" in South Africa, and one pipe in Australia.....

Customs........

Is there a law about importing tobacco from Switzerland? Does anyone know the specifics like are you taking a risk whenever you order that customs will confiscate the package? Could customs have confiscated your order since it was large?

Bugsahearn":0iju9ult said:
thanks nismo. too bad the order is taking so long. I guess it ain't really worth the extra dough for priority if it sits in customs for a month :x
Meh. These things happen...always a risk when ordering internationally. Actually, I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened to me (I take snuff, so I seem to always have a shipment on the way from MrSnuff.com, also located abroad).

Bugsahearn":zswshrmg said:
Is there a law about importing tobacco from Switzerland? Does anyone know the specifics like are you taking a risk whenever you order that customs will confiscate the package? Could customs have confiscated your order since it was large?
Tobacco from Switzerland garners a bit closer inspection by US Customs because a good majority of the Cuban cigars that make their way to the states do so by way of Switzerland. But to answer your question, no, as long as you ordered something that is legal to ship and legal to own, they have to let it through to you...eventually.

Bugsahearn":5kqg1crn said:
Tobacco from Switzerland garners a bit closer inspection by US Customs because a good majority of the Cuban cigars that make their way to the states do so by way of Switzerland. But to answer your question, no, as long as you ordered something that is legal to ship and legal to own, they have to let it through to you...eventually.

idbowman":824wbk4q said:
Meh.  These things happen...always a risk when ordering internationally.  
Indeed.  But it usually shakes out in the end.  I just think of it as Customs putting a bit of age on the tobacco ;)

Hey all, the order indeed still hasn't moved from customs. I've called the postal customer relations dept back last Friday and am still waiting a call back. Even if customs had held it, they are supposed to notify the recipient how to get it released (if there was an issue) within 30-45 days. I still haven't received anything. If they customer relations dept doesn't get back to me by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to contact the Postmaster General's office to file a formal complaint. Synjeco hasn't gotten back to me yet, as they are out of the office until 6/8. Daniel was checking with Swiss Post to see if they could find out anything on their end. I am guessing the size of the order could have drawn more attention to the package when it came through, but the last two group buys I put together we're both larger orders than this one. I honestly think they pulled it in customs and it's been forgotten about. Either way, I'll get it sorted out one way or the other.

I filed a formal complaint with the Postmaster General, and got a reply rather quickly. Interestingly enough, they told me the tracking number I provided was not valid. I go back to the USPS website and plug it in and sure enough, it comes up as blank now. Funny that just yesterday it was providing the info I posted up here on page 3. I've replied with that information and asked how it was "valid" yesterday and all of the sudden it's no longer valid today.

I also spoke with a regional USPS Consumer Affairs rep and they said there were no image scans of the actual package to review, but the latest scan she showed in Chicago was for a facility that handles mail leaving the country, which leads her to believe it was returned to the sender. For what reason, she didn't know. Said it could have been damaged in transit or something wrong with how it was addressed.

Just got off the phone with the Chicago Postal Customer Council and they had the same information. They said it arrived in US Customs 4/1, then that latest scan of 4/17 was where it was released to USPS. They also said it was more than likely returned to sender and was most likely an addressing issue or damaged. Apparently, customs only sends a written notification if there is an issue with the contents. As far as the package being damaged or not properly addressed, that falls with USPS. If it isn't properly addressed or damaged, USPS returns to sender.

I have a new email out to Daniel letting him know this information, but he wont' be back in until next Monday. I'm sure regardless of what happened he'll make things right. I'll let you all know when he gets back to me.

I don't want to rub it out but I placed an order and got some SG plugs pretty fast from synjeco. So the problem was definitely the post office/customs which really sucks. Any word from synjeco?

I'm loving the cannon and rb plug I got but I'm sure having a hell of a time smoking it. Cannon plug is amazing but it's got to be dried out real well and crumpled and even then I can't keep it lit. rB plug forget it. Any tips for smoking this stuff? I've got it to let it dry for about a week but it's db near impossible to break up. Rb plug is similar in taste to westmorland...more sweet and darker but has that same type of flavor. I wonder what it is.

Bugsahearn":pmfstoxk said:
I don't want to rub it out but I placed an order and got some SG plugs pretty fast from synjeco. So the problem was definitely the post office/customs which really sucks. Any word from synjeco?

I'm loving the cannon and rb plug I got but I'm sure having a hell of a time smoking it. Cannon plug is amazing but it's got to be dried out real well and crumpled and even then I can't keep it lit. rB plug forget it. Any tips for smoking this stuff? I've got it to let it dry for about a week but it's db near impossible to break up. Rb plug is similar in taste to westmorland...more sweet and darker but has that same type of flavor. I wonder what it is.
The last group buy orders have came through within 5-10 days of shipping, so this is totally out of the ordinary. The latest word is Synjeco is still awaiting the Swiss Post's investigation. Considering it's been 60 days since shipment, even if it was returned and shipped via freight, I would imagine it would be back to Switzerland by now! I'm just having a hard time with the fact the USPS can't tell me whether or not they returned a package to the sender...

As for smoking plugs, I slice them pretty thin and prep it like I would any other flake.

Nismo, I find G&H dRk plug very easy to smoke but these SG plugs are hard to keep it light. I dry them out and break them up into small one layer pieces. Lights well but can be hard to keep lit if not packed loosely. Clogs up for sons reason too. Do you have any tips for cannon plug or rb plug?