What are you listening to

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank Williams (the real one, not his son) from "40 Greatest Hits." Saddest man I've ever heard sing, even when he is upbeat. It is hard to imagine what might have been had he lived longer.

thedeep":kj2kxce9 said:
Hank Williams (the real one, not his son) from "40 Greatest Hits." Saddest man I've ever heard sing, even when he is upbeat. It is hard to imagine what might have been had he lived longer.
AMEN ! What a voice he had :(

EJinVA":2ful9qly said:
Sad indeed :( Another from a truly great band passes.

If you have the chance, try to find 'Tribute' produced by Charlie Daniels production company, a 'rockumentary' of sorts of concerts held in England when Lynyrd Skynyrd were virually unknown there. Watch in amazement as they capture English fans effortlessly. It is very easy to see how the band and audience work in unison to create a truly amazing show! By about the third song, the kind of hoe hum reception is turned around and the audience starts giving energy to the band and a marvelous circle of energy begins.

A small clip from the film I'm talking about here:

Simple Man-Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute Video

NOT one of many 'Tribute' videos out there including Lynyrd Skynyrd's own Tribute Tour (also excellent)

Just discovered the Smithsonian Folkways Series...listening to Bascom Lamar Lundsford, Ballads, Banjo Tunes and Sacred Songs of Western North Carolina.

Jim

Most recently, myself, trying to learn the great Allman Brothers song "Melissa."

Mike

At the moment, Joey Ramone's posthumous album, "Don't Worry About Me."
Very, very good.

Listening to Pandora Radio today to my Metallica station. Got in AC/DC, GNR, Disturbed, Tool, Godsmack, Megadeth, Nirvana, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and of course Metallica; and a few more. :geek:

With the cold windy weather the last few days, I popped in The Drifters All-time Greatest Hits CD for a little beach atmosphere diversion.

Jim