What are you listening to

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermit":q2ldl7oo said:
One my favorite songwriters.
I often catch myself singing his songs while cutting my grass. :lol:
Increditable song writer for sure Hermit!

John Prine was on our record player quite a bit growing up. One of the best, yet so underrated!

Daddy wont'cha take me back to Muhlenberg county
Down by the Green River where the Paradise lay
Well I'm sorry my son, but your too late in askin'
Mr. Peabody's coal train done hauled it away.

Though in truth John spent a fair portion of his life in Chicago, he (and a number of my other favorites) makes me want to move to Dixie. Iowa's beautiful in its own right, but it doesn't have the character and history the South does.

Cheers and happy puffing!
HP

Got a bowl of Exhausted Rooster going and it reminded me I haven't heard some Alice in Chains for a while...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5gHiR1xeOSs" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Listening to their Best of now.)

My favourite sunday morning music; The Dubliners.......... well, like to hear them the other day's too ;)

Martin Romijn":ww23pn7c said:
My favourite sunday morning music; The Dubliners.......... well, like to hear them the other day's too ;)
They are a favorite of mine as well, but I am also partial to the Clancy Brothers.

I'm closing out the weekend with some instrumental bluegrass from various artists. The weekend went by far too fast!

Today I'm trying to move this work day along a bit with The Johnson Mountain Boys: At the Old Schoolhouse. Kickin' it in to high gear!

Slow Puffs":it96xsr7 said:
hobie1dog":it96xsr7 said:
A great way to spend 6:22 of your life.
Light up your pipe and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ymSIFmRXoI
That's really nice... I'm pretty eclectic and I can see where that would hit the spot on occasion...
Glad to know one person has a musical soul on here and would appreciate that. My play count on my iPod for that song is up to 128 times.

TallSmoke":jfzmerru said:
Today I'm trying to move this work day along a bit with The Johnson Mountain Boys: At the Old Schoolhouse. Kickin' it in to high gear!
Now that's what I call BLUEGRASS!!!!! :cheers:

I got to see them in a little club called The Station Inn in Nashville when they were first getting started. I knew then that they'd go far.

Centurian 803":7rax5wr1 said:
Now that's what I call BLUEGRASS!!!!! :cheers:

I got to see them in a little club called The Station Inn in Nashville when they were first getting started. I knew then that they'd go far.
They did rise to some pretty huge acclaim, which makes it all the more odd that they decided to call it quits several years back. I wish they had stayed together. They had a great sound!!!

It's Thursday. I'm mellowing a bit with some Jazz on Pandora.com because the weekend will be BUCK WILD! Lots of friends coming to the house, some coming and staying the night tomorrow and several arriving Saturday. We'll be cooking up some grub, enjoying some brew and beverage, and three of us will be smoking our pipes together.

TallSmoke":uwh5sfq5 said:
It's Thursday. I'm mellowing a bit with some Jazz on Pandora.com because the weekend will be BUCK WILD! Lots of friends coming to the house, some coming and staying the night tomorrow and several arriving Saturday. We'll be cooking up some grub, enjoying some brew and beverage, and three of us will be smoking our pipes together.
So do you have pictures of the 2 girls? I assume you will be the lone Buck?

HA! :lol:

No, my good wife will be there. It's a couple of my buddies and me. Their wives will be with the kids while we take over the den!