What are you listening to?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queen's A Night at the Opera.
Queen_A_Night_At_The_Opera.png

Bear Records out of Germany, put out a two- box set of all the Kingston Trio. Even the 7 Up commercials included. One box with Dave Guard, one box with John Stewart.
Dad plays Tom dooley on the harmonica and cornet great sad song. I know its a much older song but they defiantly must have been the ones that made it popular for an Aussie to play and sing it. Great tune.

Last edited:
Dad plays Tom dooley on the harmonica and cornet great sad song. I know its a much older song but they defiantly must have been the ones that made it popular for an Aussie to play and sing it. Great tune.

Tom.Dooley was based upon real life events in North Carolina. I forget other details at the moment. How the Trio got the song, etc. I presume that fact is known and memorialized somewhere. I know Bobby's former partner and could

I have been on a Bob Dylan kick lately, and I've been stuck on the album "slow train coming". It was his first release after becoming a born-again Christian (1979). It's a perfect mix of late-70's Dylan and early gospel songs people like Johnny Cash and a lot of country singers did in the 40's-50's. My family was never religious growing up and I'm still not today. But the passion in Bob's voice on this album is skin tingling regardless of your belief, especially on tracks like "precious angel" and "got to serve somebody"

That is if you are already a Bob Dylan fan to begin with lol, he's been my favorite musician since I was 13. My wife can't stand his voice though which makes long road trips difficult... But that's my cross to bear because I didn't ask her about it sooner in the courting process!

I've been to more than a few Dylan concerts, if it was about his vocal abilities the seats would have been easier to come by!
I saw him once in Bend Oregon in 2010 and it was awesome, the best concert I've ever been to. Every song he played sounded totally different from any studio or live version I've heard. The way he did "Just like a woman" really stood out, but that was also around the same time a bunch of skunks must have gotten into the venue, based on the smell.