What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight'n Hampsters":insi5g7y said:
Canicus61":insi5g7y said:
Bill Bryson's One Summer, America, 1927....it's excellent!
I'm reading this one also!  Quite fun, makes me long for summer time.
Great minds think alike, I just started this one myself.

Just finished "Crowded With Genius: Edinburgh 1745-1789". Starting "Think Twice: Harnessing the Power of Counterintuition".

Continuing on with the great Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. The Third Book in the series - The Curse.

Taken at the Flood: the Roman Conquest of Greece by Robin Waterfield -- so far well-written and interesting

Just starting "India Calling: An Intimate Portrait of a Nation's Remaking".

TMacphersonNH":igrtboif said:
Sounds interesting; who's it by?

Just starting 'Plato at the Googleplex' by Rebecca Newberger Goldstein

1934501026.01._SX140_SY224_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

High Seas Cthulhu: Swashbuckling Adventure Meets the Mythos

Just finished the new Jeremy Archer novel in the "Somewhere in Time" series, #4 "Be Careful What You Wished For", I'm hooked on this series.

I started Jack Finney's "From Time to Time" (time travel), it's pretty good so far.

My son and I are reading... The Science of a Woman and The Art of Manhood by Eric T. Smith

Buckshot":7tvt7qi9 said:
Just started "Poland" by James Michener.

I love Michener. I had a history teacher back in early high school use The Source as a reading assignment - one (mammoth) chapter read and analyzed each week. At the time, it was misery...I went back and reread the book in College just for kicks and was hooked. Now I can't get enough of him. Alaska, Texas, and Caravans are my favorites (but honestly, they're all darn good).

DrT999":exp485c3 said:
TMacphersonNH":exp485c3 said:
Sounds interesting; who's it by?

Just starting 'Plato at the Googleplex' by Rebecca Newberger Goldstein
Hi Dr. Just saw this so my apologies for the delay. The author is
Anand Giridharadas. He's a writer for the NY Times. I highly recommend the book!

Just started "Searching for America's Heart: RFK and the Renewal of Hope" by fellow Board member Peter Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.