What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TMacphersonNH":2vwii4ke said:
DrT999":2vwii4ke said:
TMacphersonNH":2vwii4ke said:
Just starting "India Calling: An Intimate Portrait of a Nation's Remaking".
Sounds interesting; who's it by?

Just starting 'Plato at the Googleplex' by Rebecca Newberger Goldstein
Hi Dr. Just saw this so my apologies for the delay. The author is
Anand Giridharadas. He's a writer for the NY Times. I highly recommend the book!
Thanks!

Just started "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail, But Some Don't." By Nate Silver.

"A Flame of Pure Fire: Jack Dempsey and The Roaring Twenties" by Roger Kahn

TMacphersonNH":szqw3pnp said:
Just started "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail, But Some Don't." By Nate Silver.
I thought it was fairly interesting, if a bit self-serving in spots.

idbowman":78clqskf said:
Buckshot":78clqskf said:
Just started "Poland" by James Michener.

I love Michener.  I had a history teacher back in early high school use The Source as a reading assignment - one (mammoth) chapter read and analyzed each week.  At the time, it was misery...I went back and reread the book in College just for kicks and was hooked.  Now I can't get enough of him.  Alaska, Texas, and Caravans are my favorites (but honestly, they're all darn good).
"The Source" is an excellent book, and I agree with you...they are all darn good. I think my next one will be "The Drifters".

DrT999":41m1xilq said:
TMacphersonNH":41m1xilq said:
I thought it was fairly interesting, if a bit self-serving in spots.
Thanks Dr! Will let you know what I think.

The Division of Christendom: Christianity in the Sixteenth Century by Hans J. Hillerbrand.

"Bundy--The Deliberate Stranger" by Richard Larsen. The story of Ted Bundy and his killings.

"Wool" by Hugh Howey, pretty interesting (5 books).

Just finished Ayn Rand's 'The virtue of selfishness' (interesting, but can't say I fully agree) and mostly finished with 'Willam Etty: Art & Controversy' (on the works of the early-mid 19th century painter)

Picked up Philip K. Dick's "A Crack In Space" on one of Amazon's daily deals. About half way through and its....weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.