What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finishing 'Humankind' by Alexander Harcourt, which looks at human evolution in light of the newest theories on biodiversity

Wet Dottle":cckf5vtg said:
"The Three-Body Problem," by Cixin Liu, winner go the Hugo Award this year.
I'll give that a shot!

I'm reading "The Border", a new novel by Robert McCammon. (A+ so far)

"What is New Covenant Theology-an introduction" by A. Blake White

and

"The Camp of the Saints" by Jean Raspail

'SPQR' by Mary Beard. If you don't know at least a moderate amount about ancient Rome, it might not make a lot of sense, but it sums up a lot of recent interpretations nicely

The Eve of Destruction: How 1965 Transformed America by James T. Patterson

The New International Commentary on the New Testament: The Book of Revelation By Robert H. Mounce

"An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy" by Robert Dallek. :study:

"Saint Odd" by Dean Koontz. It's the eighth and final book in the Odd Thomas series. :study:

"The Road To Little Dribbling" by Bill Bryson. It's his latest release, and he's one of my favorite authors. Classic Bryson in every way.

8)

Cheers,

RR

Re-reading A Town Like Alice, perhaps my favorite Nevil Shute novel. Anyone else read him, other than youse Brits? I believe he's known to the typical Americano for On the Beach, if for anything at all. I like his books for their lack of weirdos, and their quiet heroism.

nevil_10.jpg
" />

"A Big Little Life" by Dean Koontz. A book about his dog, Trixie. :study:

Richard Burley":4ps7a54y said:
Re-reading A Town Like Alice, perhaps my favorite Nevil Shute novel. Anyone else read him, other than youse Brits?
I read that one a couple years back when I was binging on fiction, really enjoyed it. Extraordinarily well written novel.

I Wear the Black Hat by Chuck Klosterman

Good so far. I don't think I've read a bad piece by Klosterman so it's no surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.