What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Book of Pipes & Tobacco," by Carl Ehwa, Jr., as suggested by BoB! :cheers: :cheers: 8) Great read.

Upon the Altar of the Nation: A Moral History of the Civil War by H. Stouber Stout. Goes deeper than the just the history of battles and the war as a whole, but also asks the question why neither side ever asked the morality questions of such carnage and loss of life. Very interesting.

Started "Thirteen Years After" by Jasper Kent, "A body of Practical Divinity" by John Gill and some short stories by Lovecraft.

Every once in awhile I like to pick a book in the Bible. Samuel was the choice today. Good stuff.

Working through a few.

Pleasure:
The Heroes Joe Abercrombie
Catechism of the Catholic Church

School:
Diagnostic Microbiology
Clinical Chemistry
Immunology and Serology
Medical Laboratory Safety and Technique.

Well thats just this semesters stuff, Ive had my nose in em since Aug.

Just started Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson, and I have a copy of A.N. Wilson's biography of Sir John Betjeman to be read when I'm not in a fiction mood.

"The Vampire Armand" by Anne Rice.

This is the first vampire yarn of hers that I've really enjoyed since "The Vampire Lestat," as it gets the reader inside the head of a vampire and into the historical period so very well.

-R.":if0jmign said:
Just started Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson, and I have a copy of A.N. Wilson's biography of Sir John Betjeman to be read when I'm not in a fiction mood.
Erickson is good, enjoy them. The series does wrap up ok, but I think another book detailing the ending would almost be warrented.

The Master and the Margarita by Bulgakov and Ephesians

'The Second World War: a Complete History' by Sir Martin Gilbert. I've just finished the chapter dealing with Dunkirk. Stirring stuff. I recently finished his companion volume about WW1.

Just finished Lynne Olson's Citizen's of London. Started reading The Alienist by Caleb Carr.

Paul 2.0":cro6mxd2 said:
Pleasure:
The Heroes Joe Abercrombie
I love Abercrombie and can't wait for his next release.

I am reading another Warhammer 40k Caiaphas Cain novel right now. I'm a bit of a scifi/fantasy nut. ;)

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

51qVo7%2BUPbL._SS500_.jpg

Dave_In_Philly":37a22qoj said:
Just finished Lynne Olson's Citizen's of London. Started reading The Alienist by Caleb Carr.

The Alienist is one of my favorite period books. I like how it integrates Teddy Roosevelt into the story.

Enjoy brother!

bouncing back and forth between "The Hobbit" and "Theories of International Politics and Zombies" by Daniel w. Drezner

Just finished Mark Steyn's After America. Thesis: The world is going to be a much different place a few years from now--and you won't like it.

After America was a good read but Steyn's latest book, I can't remember the title, doesn't read as well.

Right now I'm read Christianity and Liberalism by Machen and The Life and Diary of David Brainerd with notes by Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.