What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Defense of Sanity: The Best Essays of G.K.Chesterton by G.K.Chesterton; Dale Ahlquist (editor)...

ADDED: If you've never read G.K. Chesterton you've been missing out. Definitely worth the read.

I'm reading book II ( the name escapes me right now ) of the Neverwinter Series by R.A. Salvatore.

This is book like 20something in a long series by this author.

Fantasy type stuff.

I don't really get into the fantasy stuff, I much prefer reading non function, mostly history books. I started reading this series a long time ago and I have just kept with it over the years as new books come out. Fun light reads between the more serious literatures.

Simple Man":qz7jl72d said:
In Defense of Sanity: The Best Essays of G.K.Chesterton by G.K.Chesterton; Dale Ahlquist (editor)...

ADDED: If you've never read G.K. Chesterton you've been missing out. Definitely worth the read.
Recent Catholic convert here and new discoverer of Chesterton. Good stuff indeed. Working my way through Aquinas 'Summa Theologica', limited to about 15 mins a night at is a tome to say the least.

Other reading is a collection of short stories by Anderson Prunty 'Hi, I am a social disease' not for the faint of heart.

I love Kindle.

Paul 2.0":6nissvsl said:
I love Kindle.
I love Kindle too. I recently purchased my first home, a fixer-upper, and pretty much my entire horde of books is packed away in boxes in my garage. The Kindle's been a life-saver for me as an avid reader who is currently deprived of my stash.

On my Kindle, I recently finished the Wool omnibus by Hugh Howey, excellent science fiction, and Pines by Blake Crouch, a quick thriller/science fiction read with a dash of horror. I'm currently reading The Rage Against God by Peter Hitchens and one of my many books on writing.

I'm also currently reading What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew: From Fox Hunting to Whist-the Facts of Daily Life in Nineteenth-Century England by Daniel Pool as part of my research for a novel I'm working on.

-Chad

+1 for Kindle.

I have two, an older one with keyboard and the Kindle Fire. I also used to use the Kindle app on my old Blackberry quite a bit, but apparently my new Blackberry isn't supported by Amazon for some reason.

"Thunder Point" by Jack Higgins. I have read several of his books recently, and he is becoming a favorite.

Anno Dracula by Kim Newman.
Turns out the Count does not care for
Sherlock Holmes...

Pimo's Guide to Pipe Crafting at Home.....

Just this minute finished "The Dark Tide" by Andrew Gross. Quite well done if you like action/adventure/intrigue stuff. I picked it up because I had read "The Blue Zone" sometime back and it was quite good. I see he now co-writes with James Patterson. Gotta find something else to read. Weather is ugly out so I'm staying in.

Just finished Stephan Hawking's 'The Grand Design' -- interesting restatement of the state of modern physics ca. 2010 for us poor non-physicist readers; rather fell apart for me in the last chapter

Rick Newcombe's Still Searching for Pipe Dreams.....

Finally got around to finishing off Fall of Giants, which was actually pretty good, but really too long.

Decided to finally read the Hobbit.

Chronicles of The Black Company by Glen Cook.

Fraternally

Jers

Fight'n Hampsters":fa6u3pzd said:
infinite jest by david foster wallace
I've heard a lot of good about this one. Would you recommend it?

Jers":s7wuhsrj said:
Chronicles of The Black Company by Glen Cook.

Fraternally

Jers
I just finished Brethren by Robin Young and picked up the Black Company Chron from Half Price Books on Monday. Diving into it this weekend.

ThePerfectSmoke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.