What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Under the Dome" by Stephen King. I understand there is going to be a TV series based on this book.

Buckshot":pdrrogba said:
"Under the Dome" by Stephen King. I understand there is going to be a TV series based on this book.
Big book and a cracking story - I really enjoyed it! :cheers:

I remember reading a review which stated that the only problem with the book was that the reader didn't want it to end. I found I felt the same way at the story's conclusion.......

I hope it proves as enjoyable for you.

Fraternally

Jers

About to re-read Wilbur Smith Assengai

Ex-soldier Leon Courtney guides the rich and powerful from America and Europe on big-game safaris. After a successful expedition with U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt, Leon became one of the world’s most sought-after hunters. Now, he is about to find out that celebrity comes at a hazardous price.

Leon has been recruited by the British forces to gather intelligence on Count Otto von Meerbach, a German industrialist who builds aircraft for the Kaiser’s growing army. As his safari guide, Leon is closer to the Count than anyone—and it’s not long before he stumbles upon a plot that could turn the tides of the coming World War. But when he falls for the Count’s beautiful mistress, Eva, all bets are off. Now Leon finds himself desperately in love, dangerously alone to stop the Count’s plan…and in grave peril as he learns more about the enigmatic Eva.

Bruno Rustic Freehand pipe loaded with GLP Quiet Nights to accompany my journey.

Jers":unmopoyk said:
Buckshot":unmopoyk said:
Big book and a cracking story - I really enjoyed it! :cheers:

I remember reading a review which stated that the only problem with the book was that the reader didn't want it to end. I found I felt the same way at the story's conclusion.......

I hope it proves as enjoyable for you.

Fraternally

Jers
I finished reading it last night. What a book! And like you, I was sorry to see it end. Now I am looking forward to the TV series...I think.

Now I have started "Critical" by Robin Cook.

Inferno by Dan Brown. I should be studying but this is much more fun. :lol:

Fraternally

Jers

Just finished " Sworn in Secret" by Sanford Holst. It's on Freemasonry and the Knights Templar. Being a Freemason and history junkie I am fascinated/addicted with Masonic and Templar books.

leftover421":ypizeezh said:
About to re-read Wilbur Smith Assengai

Ex-soldier Leon Courtney guides the rich and powerful from America and Europe on big-game safaris. After a successful expedition with U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt, Leon became one of the world’s most sought-after hunters. Now, he is about to find out that celebrity comes at a hazardous price.

Leon has been recruited by the British forces to gather intelligence on Count Otto von Meerbach, a German industrialist who builds aircraft for the Kaiser’s growing army. As his safari guide, Leon is closer to the Count than anyone—and it’s not long before he stumbles upon a plot that could turn the tides of the coming World War. But when he falls for the Count’s beautiful mistress, Eva, all bets are off. Now Leon finds himself desperately in love, dangerously alone to stop the Count’s plan…and in grave peril as he learns more about the enigmatic Eva.

Bruno Rustic Freehand pipe loaded with GLP Quiet Nights to accompany my journey.
Hawker wrote: Can never go wrong with Wilbur Smith, his series on Egypt was amazing as is any of the newer Courtney novels. You'll enjoy some of the hunting adventures in Assengai.

"Odd Apocalypse" by Dean Koontz.  I have read the previous four in the series and enjoyed all of them.  I also just finished "Black House" by Stephen King and Peter Straub.  :face:

"Labyrinths" by Borges

Not light reading but wonderful insight

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]"Marius' Mules I: The Invasion of Gaul."[/font]

Diana West's "American Betrayal," a very disturbing book. Judging by her research, the history of WW II needs to be re-written, or at least viewed through a different lens. And if it's also true that the war could have been ended several years earlier, then D-day, the bombing of Dresden, the German death camps, the Battle of the Bulge, etc., would never have happened, which is appalling. The book actually makes one progressively ill as one reads it. How's that for a recommendation? The point of the book is that the same disease that informed us then, threat denial (in regard to communism), is operative today in regard to Islam, a religion decidedly not of peace. The author merely asks, "Why?" Not for fans of FDR and the various spies and Stalin-licks in his administration.

Doubling up on Sci-fi classics this month.

The Time Machine & Ender's Game.

DrumsAndBeer":s39i3fci said:
Doubling up on Sci-fi classics this month.

The Time Machine & Ender's Game.
Ender's game is perhaps my all time favorite book.

Status
Not open for further replies.