What are you smokin'?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the (rare for me) itch for a cigar thsi morning, and satisfied it with a Rocky Patel 'Connecticut' torpedo in the garden. Mild, mild, mild, and then a little sweet and complex at the end. Got inside right as the rain really picked up.

I have been on a long panatela kick lately. They seem to be a nice even burning smoke and that seems to hold its taste throughout the smoke. I am finding that this particular shape (to me anyway) allows you to taste more of the wrapper along with the filler. I ended up buying a box of Nestor Miranda Collection Special Selection Lanceros with a Rosado wrapper. They are 7.5" by 40. Ended up smoking one of them today along with a Oliva Series V Lancero. Both were very good along with making for a very enjoyable.

My first cigar of the evening was a 2006 God of Fire robusto, as with most high end fuentes a great cigar but have had better cigars for less than $10. I thought it would have had more flavor and body as when I finished it, it left me imediately wanting another cigar to smoke. So I went for a La Riquesa #2. This cigar hits the spot every time, full of rich dark cocoa and espresso and a long complex finish with just enough of spice.

A Drew Estates Hecto A Mano Tabak Especial Toro Negra. If you like a coffee infused type cigar with just a suttle taste of coffee, chocolate and spices this cigar is great IMHO. Medium bodied and held its taste and strength throughout the whole smoke. Very nice, I might look into getting some of these as this one was given to me by a fellow co-worker.

Just finished a nice Acid Blondie from Drew Estate. It's good for a flavored cigar IMHO.

Set on my deck last night and tried out a Ghurka Grand Age Maduro. Medium to full bodied. Not to bad. Had a pretty good kick towards the end but was a pleasure to smoke.

A Macanudo PP Tubo Vintage 2000--a nice, mellow, medium-bodied smoke.

It tastes especially good because my parents, unprompted, bought it for me as a graduation gift, along with a small bottle of Maker's. They are not for smoking at all, but they know how much pleasure I take in a good smoke.

Had a fish fry and potatoes for dinner and now I am having a Tatuaje Regios from late 2006.

I started the day off with a couple bowls from my pipes. My first cigar of the evening was a cabaiguan beli fino, I am now on an illusione f9.

Todays cigars:
cabaiguan petit
tatuaje unico
edge corojo toro
la aroma de cuba ed. esp robusto

Capstan in a Tao Dublin - this tin isn't going to last long

Tried some J.R. Cigars version of their "alternative" of a Arturo Fuente Hemingway. $38 for a bundle of twenty. I was really surprised at the quality of construction for a $2 cigar. Very good medium bodied smoke. I can see getting some more of these. Have smoked five of the bundle so far and am quite impressed.

Been smoking Camacho corojo's lately. Just received some Man O' War seconds that are resting in the humidor. Looking forward to trying those.