What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob's 74th in a Peterson Flame Grain, burley, Virginia, and a little bit of perique and Oriental. Bought a new Pete today, a Kildare billiard from COJ. I've been looking at them for a while, and the Kildare seemed like a nice pipe. I'll have four working Petes then.
20230614_114015.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Stanwell slightly bent pot filled with Capt black royal and an 8 o`clock k-cup. I should be getting a tobacco delivery today. I also won an Irwins chunky bent bulldog on e-bay yesterday-it appears to be in good shape,just needs a good clean-up and polishing.

Good Morning!
I slept in this morning, my wife and I enjoyed and appreciated the anniversary wishes, thank you all! Ranger we're a short distance from Maine so lobs are reasonable $8 a pound up from $6 pre pandemic, soft/new shell, no tools necessary! I'm starting the day with the last of my GLP Westminster tin in a bent MM Apple Diplomat. Charring Cross will take it's place on the tobacco bar.

Up early for the start of another very busy day. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Stanwell slightly bent pot filled with Capt black royal and an 8 o`clock k-cup. I should be getting a tobacco delivery today. I also won an Irwins chunky bent bulldog on e-bay yesterday-it appears to be in good shape,just needs a good clean-up and polishing.
So your the one who out bid me 🤣

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Robert McConnell’s Scottish Blend in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Have enough left in this tin for a couple more bowls. Been busy feedng the ferals, and making sure they stay away from each others' food.
Cavicchi_lovat.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Smoking a Pete Watson with Lane TK-6 and the last of my mornings coffee,It`s a sunny 80 degrees here- Too hot for me.
Ranger, I don`t know how you cope with the temps you get out there!
Well, it's a dry heat, but so is an oven, lol. Not as bad up here as down in the valley. 110 to 120 is not unusual for them. Not that bad when the a/c is working.

Presby Mix in a Peterson Millennium Dublin. I've tried really hard to love this pipe but I just never have. It doesn't sit well in the mouth (mine anyway) yet it's not a pipe I would choose for an armchair smoke. The softie helps some. Still, it deserves a turn every now and then...

PJbc2lRl.jpg

Smoking a Pete xl 02 Aran with Burley w o the bite and a Community coffee k-cup. I had a quick sandwich and was going to go out and clean-up my car. It`s almost 90 degrees and I am shot from playing landscaper all morning. Maybe tomorrow!

I don't know what the temp was this morning, but it was already thick and heavy and sloth weather. Rusticated Italian poker pot with new 507-C. Through all my pipe purges and quitting a couple times, this pipe has remained. It never fails. Used to smoke a lot of McClelland #2015 in it, and I still get wonderful ghosting now and again. This 507-C stuff is interesting. It doesn't hit you with much flavor, but the flavor does linger longer than most. The smoke packs a punch too. It's the kind of tobacco that leaves your beard and clothes reeking for the rest of the day. Lacking flavor and having sticky smoke isn't necessarily something super attractive about a tobacco, but I think I like it in this instance. I usually smoke in the mornings, and I've been grabbing 507-C the past couple of days specifically because I know at 4PM I'll still be tasting and smelling it. flavor strength is maybe a 3-4/10, but the smoke strength is an 8/10. overall, this was a 7.75/10 smoke.

Last edited: