What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Balkan Baldio in a CAO Bekler meerschaum.
CAO Bekler.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I'm also finding that my Peterson system pipes are giving better smokes of blends already tried in other pipes. They smoke down to ash fairly easily and give better flavors. Mine are older estates.
Most of my best Petersons are older ones though I must say the 4ABs are wonderfully crafted. In fact, Peterson pipe quality has improved overall in the last three years, but nothing beats a pre-Republic. :)

Most of my best Petersons are older ones though I must say the 4ABs are wonderfully crafted. In fact, Peterson pipe quality has improved overall in the last three years, but nothing beats a pre-Republic. :)
I'm still on the lookout for one of those pre-Republic pipes. I'm very thankful to have been able to find the 302, 301 and 309 systems that I have. If i can find a deal on a 4AB, I'd get one.

I had a flake of MacBaren HH Pure Virginia in a Pride while my wife and I tackled a project that needed to be done. Now that the pipe and project are done, I'm reloading the pipe with another flake, heading for a glass of Red Moscato wine, and, then to a comfortable chair in the shade to enjoy both!

I'm also finding that my Peterson system pipes are giving better smokes of blends already tried in other pipes. They smoke down to ash fairly easily and give better flavors. Mine are older estates.
I find they definitely smooth out the rough edges of some blends. Help with tongue- & lip-bite, too. (y)