What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Ladies & Gentlemen from Athens-Greece with 96 'F

jhVLOCq.jpg

Uhd4muq.jpg

DTM Vanilla Honeydew.

Good morning,
Starting my day with a DePaya bent brandy,Lane LL-7 and a freshly brewed mug of Yukon coffee. Back pain woke me up- heavy rain and arthritis is not a good combo. Sadly,it`s going to be one of those days for me...

Lancaster and Predictable Pair in a Larsen cognac, comparing the effect of Burley in a cigar leaf blend. Haven't quite made my mind up. I like doing it in the Larsen because I think it's shaped like a big funny looking cigar.
View attachment 11251
Charlie, what cigar leaf do you use in the blend. I used to smoke cigars, and still miss some of the pungent tastes and smells. I know one type of tobacco that is grown around here is one sucker aka dark air cured, and it is used in cigar production. I have an almost unlimited supply of that-know local farmers. I have mixed some of that in my own concoctions, but would like more variety.

Good morning laddies. Hobbits Weed in a Don Carlos bent brandy with morning coffee. This blend draws gnats but I have a citronella lamp burning on the table and a fan blowing up from the hassack so hopefully will stave off the little buggers, lol. Igoldberg, so sorry about your work shed but at least no one was hurt. That's a good thing. And the silver lining is that get a new shed, although that's probably not the way you would have chosen to get it. Have a great day everyone.

I just had a nice visit with my pipe smoking buddy from Starbucks, I was smoking Velvet and he had Carter hall, While we smoked and talked, I told him that I liked CH,but always felt it was missing something for me. So ,we mixed some CH and velvet! I did like it better,but not a great difference to me. I got some more coffee from him,but no Costa Rican which I miss.
Anyway,Smoking some Jamestown by Sutliff in a Pete Baker street and a freshly brewed mug of Yukon coffee.
The rain has calmed down and the pain meds are working,so things are looking good! LOL!

Had to move to the front patio, 85 on the back already and not even 8 o'clock yet. McBaren Burley Flake in a Lorenzo Old Vic bent billiard. 3rd mug of coffee. Heading out to the ranch early for wife's riding lesson. Trying to beat the heat. Another 100+ day. Thank God the a/c is working now.

Charlie, what cigar leaf do you use in the blend.
Criollo 98 ligero, Criollo 98 Ligero, 1lb

It definitely tastes like a cigar.
I haven't mixed it with your one sucker yet, but I'll try it. The head honcho at Fair Trade Tobacco says dark air cured is the "double-bass of blending ingredients." His recipes don't often use it for more than a condiment (one part in sixteen). The cigar leaf works well as a condiment and as half the blend, I did it with Virginia, and Virginia and Burley, both are good.

Pearl of Shibam Red in a CAO bent brandy meerschaum. I made my first order of green coffee beans, I got Sweet Maria's stovetop roasting starter kit. I can do it on the portable gas range in the garage or out on the porch. If anybody's tried the stovetop method, send me some tips, I think it's just a popcorn popper that goes on the stove.
20230614_114150.jpg

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting a couple of things done before the Braves-White Sox game starts.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with peach slices on the side. I've almost finished smoking New Watch City Beta Test #2 in a 1982 smooth slight bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top and a black vulcanite stem.
Ben_Wade_ Martinique.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's Espresso #9, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Peterson smooth standard system 301. I've had this pipe several months, but it seemed and was much dirtier than the other two Petersons I bought around then. I've been resting a bum knee, so more spare time available was used today to clean this up. It turned out ok with nice grain. It does have some gouges in the chamber from careless reamer work. I hope it is only carbon that was grooved and not briar. This pipe has a fairly large bowl at around .87 inch id and about 1.5 inch deep, but it has a smaller stem and just seems little compared to the 302 and 309.
20230716_151317.jpg