What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an app on my phone, it's called Recipe Keeper, it's for regular cooking recipes, but it can be adapted to tobacco recipes very easily. I've got all my homeblends on there and categorized, and I'm putting my commercial blends on there as well. On this app, if you have more than 20 recipes, you have to upgrade for $12.99, but you always have the ingredients stored, when you're thinking, what exactly did I put in this? It beats a spreadsheet easy.
I normally keep mine in a dedicated Notebook, but for some unknown reason. I didn't add this particular recipe.
But thanks Charley, I love the idea of an app....for those who want to know about the note book. I got it on Amazon.

20230721_194701.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am starting off another review day with a bowl of Erik Stokkebye Twilight (4th Generation) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps in the heat and humidity, and am close to finishing this bowl of C&D Sun Bear Tupelo Small Batch 2023 in a straight 1950s Kaywoodie Colt Dublin meer with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Working on a review of this blend.
Kaywoodie_Colt.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of 7-20-4 Little Gold Dust (Briary Blends) in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a dark tortoise shell colored tapered acrylic stem. Sold only at Twins Smoke Shop in New Hampshire. Working on a review of this blend.
SMS_Eagle Claw-side.jpg

While doing errands today prepping for the wedding that is going to be at our house tomorrow, I smoked Virginia Maryland Blend in a CAO billiard. The groom has smoked a pipe in the past, he told me he likes the feel of holding a hot pipe, so I'm giving him my Viking and a couple of ounces of Virginia Maryland. Between the Virginia, the Viking, and the weather it should be hot enough! 👌
20230614_114133.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Been watching the Braves-Brewers game.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Lancaster in a Larsen cognac. A box of Italian cigars comes in tomorrow, I remember they were pretty good, Toscano originale. Cigars last a lot longer than pipe tobacco, from the time I buy them. These ones are "friendship cigars," you cut them in half and share them with a buddy. Oddly shaped, for me they're good.
20230614_114706.jpg

Last edited: