What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the RedSox-Mets game.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Just finished smoking Wilke No. 524 in an undated, unbranded, slight bend smooth darker brown made in France Los Alton VBF zulu with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed Shy Stripesy who's still afraid of me, but she only moved a couple feet away, and hid under a chair. I talked to her a little, and she just stared at me. She only eats when I go in the house. Not much progress after three years, but I haven't given up.
France_zulu.jpg

Finished work for the day, and am close to finishing this bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Golden Sceptre in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Time to check on the ferals.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger. Once they finish, I'll go outside and fed Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave, and Abner the Eager. I have to wait until my cats eat because they'll stop if they hear me leave the house. Crazy li'l devils. :)
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Smaug in a CAO Bekler meerschaum. Named after the dragon that Bilbo shoots with an arrow in The Hobbit, this one has a whopping 12/16 latakia, Oriental 3/16, and dark air cured 1/16. The ratios are given in case Zippo wants to add another LOTR blend to his homeblends.
View attachment 11493
Sorry Charley but, it was Bard who killed Smaug with the arrow. But that's not important. The recipes are, That is, if I can get the tobaccos over here.

Now smoking year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a smooth medium bend dark brown 2021 Peterson Irish Harp 80S bulldog with a silver band and a tapered reddish brown, black striped acrylic stem.
View attachment 11502
Morning Jim, how does that Peterson smoke? I just missed a Shamrock one that I'm pretty sure was pre-Republic.

Last edited:
Good morning gentlemen. Having Urban Cowboy in a Sav Hercules 606EX bent billiard with a big mug of Costa Rican coffee. A fairly pleasant 72 on the patio this morning but will be 95 later. Have some chores to catch up on around the house this morning before we head out to the ranch. Have a great day everyone.