What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed an important nap, and am now relaxing after a wonderful salad, big filet mignon and baked potato dinner with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of year 2010 FVF in a smooth 2002 medium bend flame grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line silver spigot 10 Egea 03 Titania with a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

For my morning bowl of Burley in memory of Paul_of_Burley I decided to go with something I knew he enjoyed: C&D Dark Burley in a paneled Design Berlin. For the brief time he was a member here (not quite three months) he was very generous with his postings, and provided a unique perspective. He also took our razzings about Mixture 79 in good graces. That at least brings a smile to my face. :)

In Paul's honor, McB HH Burley Flake in an Aldo Velani. Even made my version of "cowboy coffee" as a toast to him. I think he would have approved of the combo. So, here's to Paul, may he rest in peace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-14-09-07-01.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-14-09-07-01.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Almost half way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Come on guys. Brunello and I can't be the only burley smokers out there. No burley, light up a bowl of your fav as a memorial to Paul. Even if it's Mixture # 79. I promise no razzing like we used to do with Paul. Second bowl will be some codger burley, SWR in a cob.

Continuing the Burley theme for today: C&D Kelly's Coin in a MM Mark Twain cob. Probably do something milder next, maybe Sutliff Match Edgeworth.

Now smoking Wilke Rum and Maple in a straight smooth with a tobacco leaf carving on the bottom left, dark brown 1980s Sir Brent pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

For my morning bowl of Burley in memory of Paul_of_Burley I decided to go with something I knew he enjoyed: C&D Dark Burley in a paneled Design Berlin. For the brief time he was a member here (not quite three months) he was very generous with his postings, and provided a unique perspective. He also took our razzings about Mixture 79 in good graces. That at least brings a smile to my face. :)
Bru, how was the Dark Burley. May have to put that in my next TAD order.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of Granger in an undated straight smooth medium brown Comoy’s Tradition 110B billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. A cup of hot tea is my drink.
Comoy’s Tradition 110B billiard copy.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of RO Acadian VaPer in a smooth medium brown, medium bend 1950s B.B.B. Own Make 307 apple with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite saddle stem. Almost time for my weekly Zoom chat.
B.B.B._Own_Make307_apple .jpg

Now smoking year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Kentucky in an undated Family Era Sasieni Natural Four Dot Grosvenor smooth medium brown quarter bend bulldog with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
SasieniNatural-FourDot_Grosvenor copy.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a black sandblasted straight 1998 XXX Ashton lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Cold rain and wind doesn't want to stop. At least it's not ice.
AshtonXXX_Pebblegrain.jpg

Now smoking Watch City Java! Java! in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a brown pearl acrylic saddle stem.