What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tewksbury Hobbits Weed in a Pete straight billiard with silver military mount. Birdies are back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-12-09-40-44.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-09-40-44.png
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2021-02-12-09-40-20.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-09-40-20.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Almost half way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking Granger in an undated straight smooth medium brown Comoy’s Tradition 110B billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Cold and rainy again. Hope the ice and sleet doesn't get bad when it gets here.
Comoy’s Tradition 110B billiard copy.jpg

Now smoking year 2010 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a 2017 smooth, straight medium brown made in France Comoy’s Riband 298 Canadian with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Going to work soon.
Comoy_Riband298_Canadian copy.jpg

Comoy_Riband298_Canadian_Close copy.jpg

So sad to hear about Paul. Did it mention cause of death? Prayers for him and his family.
No cause of death given. I do miss his posts. He always found such simple pleasure in a pipe and sitting in nature. He had a blog that is still up waxing poetic about his love for clay pipes, and there's a section called Ruminations over Cowboy Coffee: fortheloveofclay.net

Trying out for the first time a pipe I received in a trade with Ranger: A Stanwell 139 Brushed Brown 9mm. Gawith Hoggart Ennerdale Mixture.

The pipe is pretty basic aesthetically but . . .
The thin acrylic saddle stem is comfortable enough I don't need a softie. Yay!
Pipe stayed lit from first light to final ash with no fuss or need for attention. Yay!
Pipe didn't cost me any extra money. Yay!
Ennerdale tastes a little less weird with the 9mm. Half a yay.
Verdict: three and a half out of four ain't bad.
:D
BoB-Stannie.PNG

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am now smoking year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 Dublin with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Working and listening to a Jim Croce concert.
Dunhill_1982Dublin_RootBriar_31051.jpg

Now smoking KBV Festivus VaPer beta test in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle stem and p-lip.
PetersonDeluxe20S_1978_P-Lip copy.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Greeneyes Bright Virginia Crumble in an undated (1970s?) unbranded straight paneled sandblasted Tanshell Dunhill second with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Taking a work break.

Now smoking Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a 1975 three quarter bend black Dunhill Shell 52021 billiard with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Dunhill_1975Billiard_Shell_52021.jpg

Trying out for the first time a pipe I received in a trade with Ranger: A Stanwell 139 Brushed Brown 9mm. Gawith Hoggart Ennerdale Mixture.

The pipe is pretty basic aesthetically but . . .
The thin acrylic saddle stem is comfortable enough I don't need a softie. Yay!
Pipe stayed lit from first light to final ash with no fuss or need for attention. Yay!
Pipe didn't cost me any extra money. Yay!
Ennerdale tastes a little less weird with the 9mm. Half a yay.
Verdict: three and a half out of four ain't bad.
:D
View attachment 816
Glad you are enjoying it. Always smoked well for me just did not need 2 almost identical piper. I am surprised how well most Stanwells smoke given their modest cost.

News about Paul is quite saddening! I enjoyed his posts. Farewell, Brother!! FTRPLT
Very sad. Might I suggest a memoriam smoke in his honor. We know how much he loved burley. Maybe Sunday am we could all fire up a bowl of burley in his memory. Perhaps one of the mods like blackhorse could arrange it?

Got my TAD order from CS this afternoon. Wanted to explore more of their blends, so besides more Rivendell ordered 6 other blends. Starting my journey with Shepherds Pie in a Pete B42 bent apple with military mount.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barbecued French cut pork chops and asparagus dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2000 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a brown 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. Going to back to work soon.
Bing1 copy.jpg

CH in a Butz magnum full bent chimney billiard. Thinking about Paul of Burley. Have a couple of tins of HH old dark fired I scored from P&C on their sale. Think I will pop one open today and have it ready for a bowl tomorrow in honor of Paul's passing. I miss his posts and his insights not only about tobacco but life style in general. Hope for him that they have clay pipes and burley tobac in heaven.

The ice storm knocked the power out for thousands of residents where I live. Finally, the power came back on. I took the opportunity to sleep in a little. I've about a third of a bowl left of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. A cup of hot tea is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg