What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a quick smoke of St. Bruno in a Petersons Connemara 106s, OK maybe not so quick, but I'm not complaining. Then it's time to go over to the legion, where a few old Regiment buddies are throwing me a birthday bash, which probably means I'm going to get roasted 😂.
Enjoy your day my friends 😊
Hope you have a great time buddy. I would roast you myself but I don't think my BBQ is big enough and my wit isn't that sharp, lol.

Pre dinner trying the Stanwell Melange again in a Pete Xmas 21 Milverton. Better than the Bari last night but still wouldn't put it in my top 10. Won't buy again. Oolong tea aside. Still a very warm 89 out. Soon as I finish this it's back into the air conditioning, lol.
BTW, Happy Birthday Zippo, my friend.

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

And I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a sandblasted medium bend 1950s Reuben era Charatan Deluxe 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Charatan_Deluxe_right .jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken primavera and snow peas dinner with a bowl of freshly made made chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm just finished smoking year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit. Every time I smoke this pipe, I think about how lucky I am to own it. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

Nearing the first third of this bowl of Sutliff Presbyterian in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Off to the studio to finish the Josie and the Pussycats story I've been working on. I wish I was allowed to post the last page because it's heavily loaded with figure work and musical instruments. Took a while to do all of that.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Well, here I am, sitting in the same bench where I had my first smoke, a month shy of fourteen years ago. It's downtown, right on the water. Smoking my freshly opened tin of Pipe Force Episode IV in an Altinay Dublin meerschaum. In one view, you can see the arena where the Portland police used to train their horses, but I haven't seen a mounted officer in a while. I'll have another bowl of this on my walk back to my car. As James Thurber wrote, "One is a wanderer."
16917248472059057612258371311150.jpg

16917250446791288649601900163964.jpg

Finished the Josie story, and this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg