What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last smoke of the day is SWRA in a straight, black sandblasted undated Comoy’s Sunrise Etched Grain straight apple 551 with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Apple.jpg

Pre dinner trying the Stanwell Melange again in a Pete Xmas 21 Milverton. Better than the Bari last night but still wouldn't put it in my top 10. Won't buy again. Oolong tea aside. Still a very warm 89 out. Soon as I finish this it's back into the air conditioning, lol.
BTW, Happy Birthday Zippo, my friend.
Thank you Buddy 😊

Couldn't sleep, so I'm up and moving around as I approach the last third of this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Friday mornings we go grocery shopping and today we had two stops. I took along the Westminster I had started and finished it as we arrived at our first stop. When we left I reloaded the Diplomat with GH Balkan Mixture and that lasted to noon chores. Now I'm taking a break with GLP Kensington in a Pride.

Virginia Maryland One Sucker with Perique in a CAO bent brandy meerschaum.

It used to be nice tobacco would show up the coffee I was drinking, now the coffee I've roasted myself shows all the rough notes in the blend I have in the pipe.

For the first time I'm going to try to remove bite marks in a stem, by sanding it, filling it in with super glue, and sanding it down, then buffing it. I really just have two pipes that could use that kind of work, I'm going to start on my Mark Twain meerschaum's stem, and see if i get good results. Wish me luck!

Happy birthday Zippo! Between the new pipes and your party it sounds like you had a great birthday.