What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Yes, it does. So does their Perfection Plug Burley, and No. 300.

In a month or two, Watch City will be coming out with a burley forward blend with light toppings that was designed to be premium OTC-like.
Thank you for your reply, I do take your tastes in tobacco and your reviews to heart. I'm sure I've saved money from making tobacco purchases from reading your reviews. I've been really thinking about getting two ounces of the Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut. From what I've read I see that is has that classic pipe appeal and a friend of mine recommended it. I really do like the classic "I guess it would be called American " blends that had a tiny bit of Latakia for flavor, but not enough to chase people out of the room. Edward G.Robinson comes to mind. I applaud you for having Sutliff keep that around, if I had to smoke that, and only that I would be very content. Another tobacco I've been researching is Paul's Pipe Shop Arrowhead, the only thing that is stopping me is the price. I'm sure it's high quality leaf but I would be sad if I didn't like it.

Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Got four Petes today incluing this year's POY, two Mark Twains, and a pre-republic Canadian.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Back home after visiting an ill friend. I'm near the half way mark on this bowl of Watch City Beta Test VaBur Final Version in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black acrylic AB stem. Just got this pipe today, and decided to dedicate to this yet unnamed WC blend that Ernie and I created. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_2023POY_X160.jpg

Last edited:
Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Watch City Beta Test VaBur Final Version in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with a unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. First time smoking this pipe. I saved it for a special blend which this one is as I am its co-creator.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This may get me to dinner time. Been busy cleaning three of the estate pipes I got today, and my regular smokers.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Smoking a Bari Wiking Rhodesian with Lane LL-7 and a mug of decaf coffee. It`s been a tough day for me physically due to the rain.
I'm sorry for your tough day Sir. The rainy weather makes my back and knees hurt so bad. I'm intrigued by your post about smoking LL-7, that is one of my favorite blends! It reminds me of my favorite Captain Black blend, Copper. I hope they keep making it!