What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Louisiana Red with a Slice of VA 507C in '62 Dunhill Tan Shell EK

Dunhill 1962 Tan Shell EK_20230708_163533811x25.jpg

First bowl of Cornell & Diehl Steamworks in a Kaywoodie Prime Grain 13B. I'm in the truck, so the vial is my tamper. This is an unusual tobacco with a very "soft" smoke-maybe they call it buttery. It has a mild spiciness with dryness. There is something in the background that I can't figure out. At opening the tin, it has just a slight sweet rich tobacco smell. It's really not like any of my other tobaccos, except a little like Temple Bar. I'd buy it again. Looking forward to the rest of the bowl.
20230828_120504.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have a third of a bowl left of Watch City Beta Test VaBur Final Version in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Had a break where I could finish DGT of Steamworks. This was at a state park along the way where an old town centered around tobacco and the Red river. This is also part of the tragic "Trail of Tears". The first sign mentions the "Black Patch Tobacco War". Black Patch was the name for a tobacco growing region. Even the sign with the town layout shows a flowering tobacco plant in the upper right corner. The Steamworks smoked really slow with ease, and this medium bowl probably lasted in total almost 1 hour.
20230828_143019.jpg
20230828_151602.jpg

20230828_151517.jpg
20230828_151124.jpg

Spent most of the day at the hospital visiting an ill friend. Been relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Rockies game, and will listen to the rest of the game when I go to work on a new Betty and Veronica Super-Teens story.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. It's raining, so I don't expect Abner the Eager to show up.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg