What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to fill a strange little pipe now, circa 1911-12. it belonged to my Grandfather. The makers name has long since disappeared. But I remember my grandad taking this, and smoking it on one of his many fishing trips. I'm not sure what wood it is, I don't think it's briar. But it has survived my Grandads eager puffing, and still smokes great today. So without further ado, let's bring forth the Hobbit Weed and light it up 😊
20230906_163011.jpg
20230906_160954.jpg

Last edited:
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to the studio to work for a bit.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

Did a set of walking reps on this hot and humid day, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. It's time for some lunch.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Larry's Espresso #9, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Nearing the first third of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Curly Cut in a reddish brown 2002 Caminetto J.N.C.C. Spool three quarter bend smooth flat top and bottom with sandblast in-between and a tapered black acrylic stem. Haven't smoked the last pipe I've posted nor this one in quite a while. Same goes for the tobacco in them. I'm going to try to work in pipes I've neglected here and there for a while. This will get me to dinner time.
Caminetto J.N.C.C. Spool.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2020 Peter Heinrichs Golden Sliced in a smooth straight brown pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite saddle stem. Almost time for the Braves-Cards game.
View attachment 12701
I really like that one. I don't know when it was made, but the style screams "early 1960's" to me.