What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After my morning shift I had a bowl of Prince Albert in a 1960s Yello-Bole Standard billiard then after making some egg, cheese and sausage on English muffins for my wife and I, it was time to enjoy a bowl of a freshly opened tub of four year old Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in the same pipe. I find that an aged tub of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic is far superior to a newly purchased tub. I believe it's made with very young virginia therefore a few years really mellows out the blend.

Close to finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Yankees-Red Sox game.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_right.jpg

Enjoyed a tall sack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a peach and unsalted peanuts on the side. I've a third of a bowl left of C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2023 (Small Batch) in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Not far from finishing the review.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught cat fish and sugar snap peas dinner with two slices of cinnamon raisin French toast for dessert. I'm smoking year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to the Yankees-Red Sox game on the XM.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Off to work with a bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Just fed the ferals although I had to let Daisy the Feral Princess eat inside the house because Abner the Eager has been aggressively hostile toward her the last three days. I sure don't understand why, but Abner knows I'm not happy about it. He keeps following Tomato the Brave around, but usually stays a few feet back.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to a CBC episode of Nero Wolfe. That series was very well done.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Good morning my friends and fellow BoBs, for morning it is, as i was up very early today, I'm eager to get down to my workshop, and start a new project.
Yesterday Mrs Z wanted us to visit an Antiques fair being held in the next village up from us, so it's not very far, just a few miles. And reluctantly, after packing a few small travel pipes, and my ever trusty Hobbit Weed, we set off. I'm so glad we went, for I spied the most awesome statuette, figurine, ornament, however you like to call it, its made of solid pewter, and very heavy. Now I love all things about the American West, and fell in love with this item immediately. I turned to Mrs Z and said, you know what love, this puts me in mind of Ranger, I think I'm going to make this into the centre piece of a new pipe rack. But the story doesn't end there, as I looked at the piece more carefully, I looked at the face, ( see pic 2 ) and said OMG it is Ranger.
Have a look and tell me I'm wrong 🤣🤣. Have a great day my friends 😊
20230915_084820.jpg
20230915_084655.jpg