What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning,
Smoking a Jeantet bent apple with Stanwell Melange and a mug of Pikes Place coffee. The Melange seems to smoke much better after the tin was left open for a few days ? It`s not a bad blend,but I expected better from Stanwell. I won 2 of these tins at the tobacco auction.

Good Morning!
I got to sleep in again, and I had a k-cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe waiting for me when I got downstairs! After a Apple Ginger muffin and piece of Chocolate Honey cake, I'm sitting back with GLP Abingdon in a bent MM Apple Diplomat watch Jacksonville vs. Buffalo on the NFL channel!

Smoking a Savinelli 616ks with Capt black royal and another mug of coffee,Chilly morning and all of the animals were waiting for me this morning to put out their food-dogs,kittens,birds and squirrels are all happy now.

Good morning BoBs and a happy Sunday to all. Slept in an extra hour then got up and took Charlie out for his morning pee. Now having my own Tumbleweed in a Calabresi bent brandy with dark roast Columbian coffee. Good stuff. Quiet on the mountain this morning. Lots of doves on the feeders. Life is good.

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Sunday mornings always put me in a contemplative mood as does smoking English tobaccos, so having CS Shepherds Pie in a Sav Hercules 320EX with another mug of coffee. Was going to do a bit of yard work but looking like rain so think we will just lie on the bed with the dogs and watch movies, lol.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a Jazz apple and unsalted peanuts on the side. I'm nearing the half way point of ths bowl of year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smokes as well as a first and worth the $19.95 I paid for it all those years ago.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

Smoking an Oldenkott bent apple with MB 7 seas regular blend and a Martinson k-cup. I had a busy day,cleaning out the garage and sheds,cleaning gutters on the house,garage. Maybe tomorrow, I can start putting the lawn furniture in the sheds to keep them out of the winter weather.

Close to finishing this bowl of Chris Morgan Jackalope in a straight burgundy sandblasted year 2019 straight Ryan Alden J billiard/pot with a tapered cumberland stem. Watching the O's-Rangers game.
Ryan_Alden_Jbilliard:pot.jpg

Pre dinner smoke is GLP Quiet Nights in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with oolong tea. Just popped this 2019 tin a couple of days ago. One reviewer said this changes considerably after being jarred for a month. It's very good now. Think I will revisit it a couple times a week and see how it changes. If it gets any better it will definitely go into the rotation. Following Jim's lead, having chicken legs and green beans for dinner.

Almost half way through this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

I feel asleep in my recliner for an hour or so, I didn`t realize how tired I was.My wife surprised me by making meatballs and penne` for dinner. Now smoking some MB Symphony in my Savinelli 616 ks with a bottle of spring water.
The Symphony is a pretty good blend, I wish it were a bit sweeter,it`s also teaching me to slow-down,as I tend to be a heavy puffer, Sadly, I never broke some of my cigar smoking habits...

I took a nap after dinner and woke up in time to see the Chiefs won the game they were winning when I fell asleep. Just watched the 60 Minutes story on AI and feel content that while powerful it still doesn't show self awareness. Now it's back to football with GLP Charring Cross in a Rob Roy.

One reviewer said this changes considerably after being jarred for a month.
I find that Pease and probably all C&D produced tobaccos change when exposed to fresh air. So far all the changes have been for the better with the most obvious change an increase in sweetness.

My wife surprised me by making meatballs and penne` for dinner.
Nice surprise, sounds delicious!

Relaxing after a wonderful four half pound cheeseburgers topped with mushrooms with a baked potato dinner. Dessert was a hot fudge sundae. I just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. A bottle of Boylan's Root Beer is my drink. I'll be dieting for a while. :) Watching the Twins-Astros game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg