What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking pipe, and thanks to your suggestions, I've got a possibility of buying a Corinthian.
You won't regret it.

Here's the other Corinthians I own:

Pre-WW2 Sutliff Corinthian.
Comoy’s_Sutliff_Corinthian_36dublin.jpg

1940s Sutliff Corinthian.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

This is not a Corinthian, but it is a 1940s Sutliff pipe.
Comoy's_Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

1920s Lion's Head pot.
Comoy’s_Lion's Head 123 pot.jpg

1950s St. James.
Comoy's_London PipeSJ_185M_billiard.jpg

Posting late today! I slept in this morning! We left to renew my license which has become a long wait ordeal. It took so long that we had to head home and do chores before finishing the other errands. I took GLP Kensington in a Pride, it lasted through both trips. Up next GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy and a fresh cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple and unsalted peanuts on the side. I'm nearing the last third of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Gold Star Maui Red Catuai, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Lol, I made it buddy, or at least I got your AR badge of the net, and printed it out on a little label printer. Patsy is due to send you some socks tomorrow, I'll put some Ranger stickers in there too. Just peel the backing off, they are self adhesive.
As for the Jar Gasket seals, you can buy replacements. Amazon has all sizes.
Appreciate the offer my friend but not necessary. I have plenty of AR stickers, just didn't know how you got one over there, lol. As for the seals, that isn't the problem. The lid just sits on the jar with no pressure so it isn't airtight. Piss poor design, but whoever gave it to me obviously knew nothing about tobacco storage.

A third of a bowl left of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Part way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two giant French cut pork chops and saffron rice with lentils for dinner. Dessert was a big slice of triple chocolate cake with vanilla bean ice cream. I'm passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching a fun movie, The Last of Mrs. Cheyney starring William Powell and Joan Crawford. Nigel Bruce smokes a pipe a couple of times in the movie although I couldn't tell who the maker was. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have about a third of a bowl left of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Been busy being traffic cop to the drama ferals.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Did a little snacking, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

You won't regret it.

Here's the other Corinthians I own:

Pre-WW2 Sutliff Corinthian.
View attachment 13291

1940s Sutliff Corinthian.
View attachment 13292

This is not a Corinthian, but it is a 1940s Sutliff pipe.
View attachment 13293

1920s Lion's Head pot.
View attachment 13294

1950s St. James.
View attachment 13295
Those are great looking pipes Jim, and knowing they are good smokers is even better. I read a little about Sutliff in SF, and am going to see what I can find on the other businesses. I know Marty Pulvers had Sherlock's in SF, so maybe he had a line of pipes made for it too. I may have that Corinthian by next week.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model.
Does Pete still make the X155 and smoking pipes doesn't sell them? Or does Smoking Pipes have some influence over what pipes Pete makes? I'll send them a message either way, but I didn't know what to say lol.

Enjoyed a big, tasty lunch, and have a third of a bowl left of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Maui Red Catuai, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg