What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GH Balkan mixture in an Altinay bent brandy with silver rim.

Had an amusing encounter with Pipes and Cigars customer service. I was thinking of buying another pound of Balkan Mixture, but the site wouldn't let me add it to my cart. I sent off an email asking if there was an error, and was informed that there's a "1 per customer limit". I mentioned that I hadn't bought a pound in over 6 months, and was then informed that the policy is "1 per customer limit, period". Finally I asked if they would allow me to buy a bag 35 years from now, to which they responded "It's one, per customer, per lifetime".

As it turns out, Pipes and Cigars has a tremendous talent for drumming up business.. for Watch City Cigars.

Smoking a De paja bent brandy with CS Indian outlaw,mug of DD coffee. I did a sanitize and quick clean-up of my e-bay Parker. It`s pretty clean for an old pipe and has been well taken care of. Sadly, I would rather have a larger pipe. I`m used to big chunky Custom-bilts,Bari freehands,etc.

Too lazy to post earlier smokes due to being so busy. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 127 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Panama Esmeralda Geisha, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_127billiard.jpg

Nearing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes and Peterson to bring the pipe back into production.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_X155.jpg

It was very cold last night, and the ferals were arguing over food. Abner the Eager was cold and crying loudly outside my back door. I let Abner in to eat. After he did, he ran over to a chair in the den to warm up, and went to sleep. Surprisingly, Sleepy Suzy was not upset about this although I know she wasn't crazy about it either. Eventually, I had to put him out, but at least he has a bed on the deck to sleep in if he wants to.
Abner_Sleep.jpg

Suzy_LooksatMe.jpg

Suzy&Abner.jpg

Smoking an Italian made Stanwell bent pot with CAO Moontrance ,Mug of DD coffee.
This pipe was dirt cheap when Stanwell started making pipes in Italy,so I took a chance and bought one and I`m glad I did ! I have had no issues with it for about 5 years now. I often look at this pipe and wonder how Stanwell did it ? 39 dollars and it smokes fantastic.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Nearing the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I'll end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg