What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GH Balkan mixture in an Altinay bent brandy with silver rim.

Had an amusing encounter with Pipes and Cigars customer service. I was thinking of buying another pound of Balkan Mixture, but the site wouldn't let me add it to my cart. I sent off an email asking if there was an error, and was informed that there's a "1 per customer limit". I mentioned that I hadn't bought a pound in over 6 months, and was then informed that the policy is "1 per customer limit, period". Finally I asked if they would allow me to buy a bag 35 years from now, to which they responded "It's one, per customer, per lifetime".

As it turns out, Pipes and Cigars has a tremendous talent for drumming up business.. for Watch City Cigars.
I was curious, so I went to the P&C site. It's out of stock now! Then again, so is Watch City. Must be hot stuff.

I think the CS Rep was a bit over her skis; if it ever became normal to be able to keep it in stock, P&C would remove the restriction and you could buy as many tins as you wanted. She should have said that, but maybe she was having a bit of fun with you, since you kept pushing ;)

Smoking my e-bay Parker bark super briar with Granger and another mug of DD coffee.It`s a nice pipe and it smokes well,Sadly,it`s going to be a 15-20 minute smoke at best due to it`s size. A buddy of mine stopped over for a visit yesterday as I was smoking this Parker-He sarcastically said to me, I see that you finally bought a Dunhill. LOL! I didn`t bother responding since he`s just a know it all pipe snob...

Having Urban Cowboy in a Don Carlos bent brandy on the patio with CR coffee. A balmy 48 and sunny this morning 😎. Plumber just got here to put in the new water heater. Hope this one isn't defective. Should have hot water again soon. Our visitor from Wednesday showed up again yesterday mid morning. Now we know where all the bird seed went to, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231102_132723_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231102_132723_Messages.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231103_073145_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231103_073145_Messages.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
2nd bowl is CS Shepherds Pie in a Randy Wiley grade 99 freehand dublin with a green swirl acrylic stem and nearly perfect straight grain. More CR coffee. Don't have to pace myself on this as I turned in my annual CS order yesterday, lol. Figgy Pudding, Shepherds Pie, and Choctaw on the way. Also added some Cowboy Coffee, Bill's Blend, and Tom Bigbee. Wanted to try the Yazoo Witch but it was out of stock.

A third of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple and unsalted peanuts on the side. I just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Panama Esmeralda Geisha, neat, is my drink. Watching a Gene Autry movie.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I was curious, so I went to the P&C site. It's out of stock now! Then again, so is Watch City. Must be hot stuff.

I think the CS Rep was a bit over her skis; if it ever became normal to be able to keep it in stock, P&C would remove the restriction and you could buy as many tins as you wanted. She should have said that, but maybe she was having a bit of fun with you, since you kept pushing ;)
Were you looking at the 500g size? Still in stock at both places

Earlier, I smoked Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

Currently, I've a quarter of a bowl left of KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

Smoking a CustomBilt bent pot with Capt.black dark and a mug of Peet`s dark roast.
I just fired up the new heating unit we had installed in June, The house felt like an oven in less than 15 minutes and I set if for 67 degrees! Hopefully,it`s fuel efficient too.

Just finished a bowl of my own Trail Boss in a Sav Roma bulldog with oolong tea while talking to my sister in FL. This has been mellowing for a couple of weeks since I made it up and it's quite good. Think I will make up a batch and let it mellow for a couple of months to see if it gets better. Now having Drucquer Levant in a Nording freehand bent Rhodesian. Mocha coffee on the side. Dinner tonight is leftovers from last night. Lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two tuna steaks and saffron rice topped with toasted almond slices with a bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg