What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some EGR in a bent diamond-shank pot, a house pipe from The Pipe Rack; a long-gone Wichita shop and sorely missed...

KWGhLz0l.jpg

What is your impression of the EGR?
It's become kind of my go-to. Nutty, a trace of sweetness and just a whisper of Latakia. Great aroma in the tin (or should I say in the plastic?) but since I'm almost never around anyone else when I'm smoking I can't attest to the room notes. The cut is such that I can fill a pipe easily while fishing, hunting or just walking which is important to me. Just a good all-around tobacco I think.

Quiet walk enjoying CS Rivendell in a Savinelli Tortuga 614. First time sending from my phone, not so bad, though I prefer looking at the site on the larger computer screen.

Quiet walk enjoying CS Rivendell in a Savinelli Tortuga 614. First time sending from my phone, not so bad, though I prefer looking at the site on the larger computer screen.
Same here but easier to use my phone on the patio vs. bringing out the laptop. Rivendell in a Don Carlos one note large full bent apple, almost an oom paul.

D&R Acadian Black in a Pipa Croci, pairing with apple brandy and perique liqueur spiked coffee and heavy cream.

Your mention of one inspired me to dust it off! This thread is great when I don’t know what to smoke haha. I’ve got another Croci that actually smokes a little better but isn’t much to look at, no texture to the rustication—but this one is gorgeous, just about as deep a rustication on any pipe I own.

Your mention of one inspired me to dust it off! This thread is great when I don’t know what to smoke haha. I’ve got another Croci that actually smokes a little better but isn’t much to look at, no texture to the rustication—but this one is gorgeous, just about as deep a rustication on any pipe I own.
Mine smokes great even though it's a one note. I have another 2 note, good looking pipe and very large but only likes certain tobaccos. Can get a little hot with virginia blends which is odd but does fine with heavy burlies.

Followed by MacB's Golden Extra in another long-shanked bent cob (another from Sante's estate).

Attachments

• IMG_1225[1].JPG
    IMG_1225[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 75
C&D Pashas Dream in a Vauen rusticated full bent. Okay, not great. Not sure why I even bought this. Should have read the TR reviews, lol. Honey bourbon on tbe side helps.