What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do celebrate Thanksgiving in Plymouth, Devon UK.
As you know, this is where the Pilgrims left England for the New World.
The English do have some sort of ceremonies around this time that are along the same lines as your Thanksgiving, but they are not public holidays, and not celebrated nearly as much.
For us November is mainly a month for remembrance, we remember those that have given the ultimate sacrifice. We also have the Harvest festival around this time.
Although Thanksgiving is not an official holiday in the United Kingdom, it is gaining in popularity, particularly among American expats and tourists, with many American themed restaurants serving your Thanksgiving dinner.
For those of you, whose ancestors came over in the Mayflower. Below is a picture of the exact spot they sailed from.View attachment 13830
intresting informative post noice (y)

That sounds like a cool way to grow up. I love it when old ways just keep proving useful and enjoyable. That's right about the incandescents, and it annoys me that the decision on what I can buy didn't allow any input. I like to fire up one of the Dietzs-a Little Wizard and sit out on the porch smoking my pipe.
View attachment 13825
Amazing picture I can almost smell the sweet smell of kero and pipe tobacco brings back memory's good one.

A third of a bowl left of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to be a busy day for a great many of us today. :)
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking C&D Billy Budd in a Design Berlin dublin with my last mug of coffee. Going to do a little yard work before we head out for dinner with friends. Some fancy schmancy place downtown. $50 a pop for a stupid turkey dinner. Can't believe the wife accepted the invite without consulting me. Might have her pay for the dinner, lol.

A bowl of GH dark flake aromatic before we head out to the ranch for the festivities. I've only smoked about 1.5 oz. but it definitely has the strongest and intense flavor of all the GH blends I've tried, so it's a top contender to stock up on...

But it was a poor choice for the first bowl of the day lol, I'm pretty nic tolerant and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it! Smoking it out of a black sandblasted bent acorn with a nickle military mount, the only markings on it are "141" and "MADE IN LONDON" over "ENGLAND" on the bottom. I've looked it up 100 times and haven't been able to figure out who made it unfortunately.
Happy thanksgiving everyone!
View attachment 13828View attachment 13829
I'd say it's a Parker.

https://rebornpipes.com/tag/parker-golden-line/

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American members! Ours was a month ago, give or take. I'm afraid I don't get very excited about turkey, though. I raised 500 turkeys a year while I was in high school to pay for my undergrad degree. I've seen enough bird for several lifetimes.

I am counting my blessings with you all today, there is so much we should not take for granted. Had my coffee and a bowl of VaPerique Crumble Kake by Sutliff cubed in my Savinelli 616. All the very best to you!
Savinell Sistina 616.JPG

Short bowl of Arango Balkan Supreme in a Stanwell Brushed Black pot with oolong tea. Have to shower and get ready to go out pretty soon. Puffnstuff got me to thinking. As I sit here enjoying my pipe I think of all the things I am grateful for. Simple things like being able to smoke a pipe when I want to, and much more profound things like surviving two combat tours, a plane crash, and cancer. Personally I am thankful for having a beautiful loving wife, a good horse, fun dogs, and a nice life. But most of all I am thankful for our freedom which others fought and died for. And for my friends on here. Blessings to all of you on this day.

Enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving that can't be beat with family, and when m'lady and I returned home, all the ferals except for Shy Stripesy were waiting to be fed. I'm almost half way through this bowl of KBV Verge23 in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 123 pot with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy’s_Lion's Head 123 pot.jpg

For those who missed out on a yearly tradition because they were on the Group W bench:

Arlo_Garbage.jpg

Almost finished smoking year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. More desserts follow this smoke.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg