What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's another Legend/ Ovaltine coffee morning. I'm burning Plum Pudding SR.

Wakey Wakey.JPG

Winter really turns me around, I stay up much later and get up later still. Grew up on a farm and would still like to be there, varied tasks and always something to do year-round.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Lunch was six eggs and ham, a peach preserve sandwich, unsalted peanuts and pecans, and a big golden delicious apple. In honor of Mar Twain's birthday, I am smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. It's my birthday, too.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Now smoking Jim's Va/Bur in a year 1987 ebony full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. First time smoking this Twain pipe, and his birthday is a good time to do that.
Peterson_MarkTwain Ebony.jpg

Have you tried the MM McArthur? I believe it is a tad bigger than the General.
No, but I might get one next time. Those look pretty impressive, especially considering who they are named after. You were right many months ago that I'd like the General due to the large bowl. It's a perfect driving pipe because it can be lit without worrying about the rim, and gives long smokes. I bought one of those shorter butane extended neck type lighters and it can reach way down the bowl.