What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2023) in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. While they were eating, Sam the Scamp showed up by the side of the house crying for me. I got some cat food, scooped him up, and he purred loudly as I took him to the front porch to eat in peace. He always gets run off by the other ferals so I have to go the extra mile for the li'l scamp. Anyway, I'm nearing the first third of this bowl of Peretti Blend W in a straight black sandblasted circa 1950s Comoy’s Peterson’s made for Peterson, Ltd. in Wisconsin billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Reading while this bowl lasts.
Comoy's_Peterson.jpg

Up early at 4:00 this morning and smoking some Old Joe Krantz in an Albert John billiard and having some Kona Gold coffee to wake up. I don't know anything about this pipe that came in a lot of pipes that I bought on eBay years ago but it is a good smoker. It is stamped "Grecian" on the other side of the shank.

Albert-John-Billiard-004.jpg

I put Legends Revos (the cheapest ones they sell, if you can still call them cheap at all) on my RK and noticed a large improvement. Progressive monotube drop ins in the front also improved the handling quite a bit. One of these days I need to re-adjust my rear suspension since I set it for my weight, but my gal rides on the back about 80% of the time, so I need to stiffen it a little to compensate for riding 2-up.

Did you stick with the stock height? I think the street glide shocks are 1" shorter than the road glide or road king. The RK special also gets the shorter shocks. Come to think of it, all the "special" versions might.
Looked at Legends. Didn't feel like dropping a grand in a bike I might wind up selling. I stuck with the stock 12" shocks. From what I read some of the SE models have 11 & 1/4 shocks whereas the Road Glide, Ultras, and CVOs have 13". The 08 RK CVO I just bought rides like a dream. Can't imagine it getting much better.

Good Morning!
After feeding all the critters I'm watching the news with a bent MM Apple Diplomat filled with GLP Abingdon along with a cup of coffee.
View attachment 13888
Picture of contentment. And the cat adds a perfect touch. By the way, did you know that Monday, November 27, was National Black Cat Day?

Smoking a Savinelli 616ks,Sutliff vanilla custard,Mc Cafe k-cup. As most of you know,I mainly smoke aromatics, The Sutliff vc ,is a highly cased vanilla aro-it`s actually too sweet! Any ideas how I can tone this down a bit? I was thinking of mixing in MB virginia? A friend recommended this blend,so,i STUPIDLY bought 6 ounces!

I'm almost finished smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Been chatting with my editor at Archie Comics.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Man, I enjoyed that Hobbit weed so much, that I going for another bowl before dinner. This time in a Savinelli alligator. Then maybe out for a few pints down the local. After all it is Wednesday, and that means quiz night.
View attachment 13905
Nice prince shape Zippo!