What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning BoBs. Slept in till 7:30 this morning. Didn't feel like getting up before daylight. Settled in with CS Rivendell in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with morning coffee. Have to take Molly and Augie to the groomer in a while, so may not have time for a 2nd bowl. Doves showed up for breakfast already. Lol.

Wow, those are quite the heirlooms you have there, Zippo! Very impressive!
Thank you Haebar, I really treasure them. I have 60+ pipes and lighters, as well as other smoking paraphernalia inherited from my Grandfather, Dad, and various other family members. And they all have a special section away from my other pipes
20231207_154552.jpg
20231207_154919.jpg

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Hi @Swede , That's too bad about Georgia's loss. I've been down in the dumps about it, but am coming around. Got spoiled watching them win so many games in a row. But realistically some of those games were pretty close. And they have been set back by injuries. I was concerned about Alabama's quarterback, and whether or not GA could contain him. How did your High School team do?
Yes, that game ended Georgia's streak. Hard to believe there isn't something broken in that bowl decision.
The Indians lost by 6 points, and could have had more touchdowns if not for some glitchy plays. They will be good next year.

Last edited:
Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Abner the Eager walked a lap and a half with me, until Sam the Scamp showed up. Abner backed away, and Sam, who runs like a rabbit, did the last lap and a half with me. Abner followed us about fifteen feet behind. I gave both of them food before I started walking, so it wasn't a matter of waiting to eat. They just wanted to be with me.

After a good sized bowl of homemade beef stew and cornbread with real butter, I'm settling into a nice deep bowl of GLP Jackknife Plug in a Peterson rusticated standard system 309 while outside in the soft light of Christmas lights. I didn't slice this but gathered what had come loose on the bottom of the jar which was mostly larger flakes of dark fired. Well, I had a hankering for ODF anyway, so its tasting good. This pipe has a deep narrow bowl, so like a flake pipe and handles it well. Have the best evening BoBs.
20231207_172638.jpg