What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful pipe! Forgive my ignorance, is the beaded item on the left a rosary? It is a very attractive addition to the photos you post.

It's Greek Kompoloi, it's not for praying but a personal item, a companion to help you think calmly. No need to be expensive or swirling it nervously because it's not made for show-off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worry_beadsAll mine are ''modified'' by me, here is an example of how i make them:

Hello from Athens-Greece with 58 'F.

lcIHJAq.jpg

Vanilla Caribic.

Good morning BoBs and a happy Sunday to all. Half way through a bowl of Rangers Tumbleweed in a Sav Hercules 606EX and starting on my 2nd mug of coffee. Didn't sleep much last night. Went to bed late with a horrible pain in my back, just inside my left shoulder blade. Pretty bad, like 8 on a scale of 10. Did put up a few Xmas lights yesterday but didn't rhink I did anything that would have caused injury. Oh well, a few meds ought to take care of it. Lol.

Smoking a Custom-Bilt billiard, CS picayune pancake,McCafe k-cup. Just took some pain meds to calm down my back. I ran outside quickly to fill the feeders,not a bird or squirrel in sight-The sky is dark and gloomy-Looks like it`s going to get ugly soon!
I bid on another Custom-bilt original pipe on E-bay, I guess I am just a sucker for these old pipes...

Almost finished smoking early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It's been raining for hours so no walks for me today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Almost finished smoking year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
View attachment 5933

Jack Kirby, the major creator of the Marvel Universe (Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Red Skull, Dr. Doom, etc.), and many other characters for other companies, was born on this day in 1917. His creative visions reshaped the world of fantasy for billions of people from the 1930s to today. He was a great human being, one of my greatest inspirations, and a close friend. RIP, Jack.
View attachment 5934
Later this month on SBS channel Australia "the d-day superhero Jack Kirby" will be airing. I will be watching it looks good.

https://www.yourtv.com.au/program/the-d-day-superhero-jack-kirby/426397/

IMG_4270.jpeg

I started today’s smokes a bit late and set the following line-up:

(1) Cornell & Diehl Hebraica—Morning Light / “Boker Or” in a Shalom Pipes squat Rhodesian (the briar was discolored by a friend’s ill-advised OxyClean bath, but I had Matthew Hayes of John B. Hayes Tobacconist restore it to smoking order).

(2) Peterson/Dunhill—Elizabethan Mixture in a Missouri Meerschaum / C&D Kingston Judge that I’ve made my dedicated cob for this blend (I also have dedicated a briar and a maple to it).

(3) Mac Baren—Royal Twist Deluxe in a Missouri Meerschaum Spindle Hardwood so I can see how this blend performs in a different medium than the briar, cob, and morta.

Update on last night’s smokes: I ran three bowls of tobacco through the Mr. Brog 112 morta for its inaugural smoke and nothing fazed it. Those three were: Peterson Nightcap, Warped Kings Stride, and Mac Baren Royal Twist Deluxe (I wanted to see if the more delicate flavors of the last blend were affected by the strength of the first two—they were not.)

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

IMG_4271.jpeg

Doing some office work on my front porch with my evening line-up ready to go:

(1) Cornell & Diehl Hebraica series—Light of the Universe / “Or Olam” will be the first smoke in my Israeli Alpha Freehand poker. It’s the fourth night of Hanukkah, so this one seemed appropriate.

(2) Peterson / Dunhill–The Royal Yacht in my Missouri Meerschaum / C&D Charles Towne Cobbler cob (dedicated to this blend, along with a briar and a maple hardwood).

(3) Watch City—American Cut Pljg in a restored Charatan Belvedere Dublin I picked up yesterday from Matthew Hayes at John B. Hayes Tobacconist. The stem is not original and I’m looking for a replacement saddle stem that better fits the design.

It’s cooling off and starting to rain, so I’ve got a parabolic heater pointed my way.