What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Afternoon my friends.
About to fill and light up a Butz Choquin Rodeo with some of Ranger gifted Urban Cowboy. A cup of Yorkshire Tea on the side.
20230731_131714.jpg

Just snacked on Nuts 'n Bolts that Lynda made and just came out of the oven. Her grandmother came up with the recipe and entered it into a contest held by a cereal company, she won! Now onto my second smoke, GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy. I'm in the midst of a gout flareup so today is likely to be unproductive.

Last week I received a package of tobaccos from everybody's good buddy Ranger. One of them was his sublime Urban Cowboy. However he did warn me that he may have over done the ODF. So I've just filled a Petersons Atlantic with the aforementioned, and I love it.
Yes there is a subtle difference, so I'm going to Jar it up as. Rangers Urban Cowboy Trail Boss Blend.
And continue to puff away in a state of pure pleasure.
Enjoy your day my friends 😊

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a New to me Parker billiard that the mailman just delivered. Loaded it up with MB 7 seas regular,Mc Cafe k-cup.
The pipe was super clean and in excellent condition,so all I did was give the stem a quick 90% alcohol bath,this pipe came from overseas and arrived in 2 weeks.

I've been working on a 5 pound bag of green Columbian beans and will be glad when they're gone! Nothing wrong with Columbian, just nothing to stand out. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is my favorite but Sumatra Mandheling, Costa Rican Tarrazu and Guatemalan Huehuetenango all have great flavors.
Those Ethiopians are great. Do you roast any dry processed? I had one from Sumatra that was awesome.

Of all the money that ever I had
I spent it in good company
And of all the harm that ever I done
Alas! It was to none but me

And all I’ve done for want of wit
To memory now, I can’t recall
So fill to me the parting bowl
Goodnight, and joy be with you all

What sorrows one finds in the parting bowl. Down to the last of my three-year old Peretti’s Blend DD. And what great company it has been. The dark nuances sing more boldly in their aging. The sweet-sour Burley refrain that now abides its lovely melody would make any Irish man cry like a baby, me included.
View attachment 14117
Nice lines of poetry! Sounds like a blend I'd like.

Just finished smoking year 2019 C&D Derringer in a smooth brown-orange undated Mastro de Paya 3A L Tulip with a silver cap military mount and an acrylic yellow tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 14124

I let Sam the Scamp in to eat under my strict supervision while Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave ate outside. When he finished, I put him on my lap and took a few pics. Meanwhile, Abner the Eager came over and ate what Daisy and Tomato left. I put Sam outside, and saw him stop walking. At the edge of the deck was a hungry Shy Stripesy who was waiting for the other cats and me to leave. They stayed together for a minute or two, and once I went inside the house, Stripesy came over to eat.
View attachment 14125
View attachment 14126
View attachment 14127
View attachment 14128

These pix make me so happy, Jim. Thanks for sharing them.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Now smoking year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a full bend barley sandblast Peterson 125th Anniversary 1898-2023 No. 172/330 302 brandy military mount with a silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip saddle stem.
Peterson_Anniversary125_302.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

As I was walking, Tomato the Brave was with me until he saw other cats around. Staring around in the middle of the street, he focused on Midnight, who is afraid of me, but I finally got a photo of him before Tomato chased him away. Sam the Scamp showed up, and Tomato ended up chasing him, too. Sam came to me because I am his safety zone. In the meantime, Shy Stripesy came to eat, and as soon as she saw me, she ran under the deck lounge. She was surrounded on both sides by Tomato and Abner the Eager. Nothing was happening beyond a stare down between the cats until I walked over, and Stripesy, who has always been afraid me of me, ran to the back yard, followed by Abner. I took one step toward them, and Stripesy jumped the fence with Abner right on her heels. No matter what I have done these three+plus years, Stripesy is deathly scared of me. I’ll continue to feed her, but I have given up hope that anything will change.

Tomato the Brave surveys his Kingdom.
Tomato_King of the Road.jpg

Midnight.
Midnight.jpg

Sam the Scamp.
Sam_MyFeet2.jpg

Abner_CableBox_Stripesy.jpg

Good Afternoon my friends.
About to fill and light up a Butz Choquin Rodeo with some of Ranger gifted Urban Cowboy. A cup of Yorkshire Tea on the side. View attachment 14148
Love the jar label! Is that something that you came up with, or Ranger? Either way, very appropriate! ;)
As I was walking, Tomato the Brave was with me until he saw other cats around. Staring around in the middle of the street, he focused on Midnight, who is afraid of me, but I finally got a photo of him before Tomato chased him away. Sam the Scamp showed up, and Tomato ended up chasing him, too. Sam came to me because I am his safety zone. In the meantime, Shy Stripesy came to eat, and as soon as she saw me, she ran under the deck lounge. She was surrounded on both sides by Tomato and Abner the Eager. Nothing was happening beyond a stare down between the cats until I walked over, and Stripesy, who has always been afraid me of me, ran to the back yard, followed by Abner. I took one step toward them, and Stripesy jumped the fence with Abner right on her heels. No matter what I have done these three+plus years, Stripesy is deathly scared of me. I’ll continue to feed her, but I have given up hope that anything will change.
Jim, your updates on your feline cohabitants are some of my favorite. I've got $20 toward one of those livestream webcams and sites like they use for traffic and weather, but to monitor their adventures from your porch 🤣