What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg

Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Just fed three ferals, and my cats.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Now that's what one calls a busy day.
Good evening my fellow BoBs.
Just time enough for a smoke of Rangers Cattle Drive, in a Savinelli Trevi 111 before dinner, tonight its Shepherds Pie, and I must admit it smells yummy 😋. Then methinks ill find something to binge watch on telly, and wish you all a great day 😊.
Ranger my friend, im honored that your honoring me, cheers Buddy, your a legend.
View attachment 14305
Zippo that's an appropriate pipe stand for that blend!

Not far from finishing this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 14309
Bet that bowl hold a good bit of tobacco. Is the ID anout an inch?

Good morning my fellow BoBs. Starting my day with Condor, kindly gifted by Zippo, in a Lorenzo Old Vic Giant smooth bent billiard, sitting in a beautiful silver pipe rest, also generously gifted by my good friend Zippo. With morning Columbian coffee. Wifey brought out some German Stollen cake for me so tried to do a Sid Stavros type photo but don't think I'm up to his level, lol. Then while eating the Stollen Charlie decided he wanted some attention. I let him nibble a little bit while rubbing his ears. It's a great day here on the mountain and glad to be alive even with the shoulder pain, lol. Have a great day my friends.
Now that's what one calls a busy day.
Good evening my fellow BoBs.
Just time enough for a smoke of Rangers Cattle Drive, in a Savinelli Trevi 111 before dinner, tonight its Shepherds Pie, and I must admit it smells yummy 😋. Then methinks ill find something to binge watch on telly, and wish you all a great day 😊.
Ranger my friend, im honored that your honoring me, cheers Buddy, your a legend.
View attachment 14305
At the Legion having an ale in your honor. Love the pipe rest, wifey loves the tamper, lol.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Have five Charatans left to smoke. Sam the Scamp was on my lap and was super cute. I'll post a few pics after I download them.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with almost a pound of pecan pie and a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm smoking first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a 1970s smooth brown slight bent rough top Charatan's Make (Lane) Perfection Deluxe Extra Large with right and left channel cuts and a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Gold Star Yemen Red Mocha Harrazaa+, neat, is my drink. Have enough left for a small batch. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Charatan_Perfection_Deluxe_Extra_ Large.jpg

I let Sam the Scamp in the house so he could eat without being bullied away. After he did, he jumped in my lap and had a snooze.
Sam_Lap3_Precious.jpg

Sam_Lap4_Content.jpg

Sam_Lap5-Sleep.jpg

Sam_Lap6_snooze.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a sandblasted medium bend 1950s Reuben era Charatan Deluxe 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Charatan_Deluxe_11_right .jpg

Just finished smoking Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Charatan_billiard_420.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2019 C&D Yorktown in an unbranded '70s Charatan smooth straight dark brown billiard with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Paid twenty bucks for it in 1981, and it smokes as well as a Charatan first.
Charatan_billiard_unbranded.jpg

Now smoking year 2019 C&D Derringer in a smooth brown three quarter bend 1970s Charatan Belvedere 4211DC egg with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. I may end the day with this smoke, and if so, I'll be one Charatan short of smoking them all. I figure it's a 50/50 chance. :)
Charatan_Belvedere_4211DC_egg.jpg