What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an afternoon pipe I decided to pack a Rob Roy with GLP Abingdon and start a fresh cup of coffee. The rain moving up the coast should hit New England in the next few hours, it's supposed to be warm, rainy and windy enough to cause flooding and power outages. Luckily I live on a high parcel with a lower area on top of a large aquifer that can absorb whatever falls!

While off line, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Followed that up with a bowl of year 2013 Capstan Gold in a straight black 1932 Dunhill R double patent shell pot with a vernon tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1932_pot.jpg

And I currently have a quarter of a bowl left of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. It's still raining hard. A small dead, rain soaked tree limb landed on the roof of my car, and luckily caused no damage of any kind. Sam the Scamp braved the rain for food and attention. I toweled the li'l fella off, and he marked my hand twice as a thank you. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Sam_Upside-Down.jpg

@Ranger107 Don't feel that was too wordy, I agree with all that you said. I find my posts are getting longer ,too. I attribute it to cabin fever. Donating them to a library may be a good ide, I will look into it.(y) It's kind of funny I didn't think to donate them to a library, I worked full time as a librarian while I was at university and for at least 5 years afterward.

Enjoying my little Lorenzetti with Paradoxical. It's below -10 F today (-25 C actually). Hope you don't get this kind of weather Zippo, it would be catastrophic in Britain.
When I worked for the airlines in MSP a week or so of below 0 weather, F not C, was not uncommon. Couldn't get me back there with a prybar. LOL.

Had to try some of the new tobacco, Vigrinia Slice, I've never had flake before. Prepped a whole flake, has a bowl in the little Lorenzetti and one in the Clarin clay and took a picture of the remainder. Learning curve, half a flake will do for any of my pipes. Good stuff!

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
  • Clarin Cutty.jpg
    Clarin Cutty.jpg
Weather is crazy here. I tried to get in a bowl of PS Luxury navy flake in the Briarworks, and no sooner had gotten a char light, then it started sleeting and rsining at the same time. Now on the porch with 20 + mph wind, but having a short bowl of Prince Albert in an MM diplomat bent apple. Finally a bowl of relief...

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rock fish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. A cup of hot tea, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Barling_249.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am half way through this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

For an afternoon pipe I decided to pack a Rob Roy with GLP Abingdon and start a fresh cup of coffee. The rain moving up the coast should hit New England in the next few hours, it's supposed to be warm, rainy and windy enough to cause flooding and power outages. Luckily I live on a high parcel with a lower area on top of a large aquifer that can absorb whatever falls!
Similar here. But in my case, I live on a large aquifer that absorbs whatever falls. ;)

Good morning,
It was a tough nite for me sleep wise, Our feral kittens were fighting,which drove my 3 dogs crazy.The rain was bothering my arthritic back too.
Anyway, Smoking a Pete 304 heritage,Lane LL-7 ,Mug of CR coffee.
I am waiting for a call from the hospital,informing me of a time for my wife`s pick up . By the grace of God everything went well and she only needed 1 heart stent.Hopefully,I can catch a nap later...

Good Afternoon my friends. Going to fill a Savinelli Long John with some Rivendell for a quiet reflective smoke in the conservatory whilst watching the birdies on the feeders.
Then Mrs Z is going to get me to mix and spice some meat, for the rotisserie, which will be tonights dinner.
As always, have a great day my friends 😊

Good morning,
It was a tough nite for me sleep wise, Our feral kittens were fighting,which drove my 3 dogs crazy.The rain was bothering my arthritic back too.
Anyway, Smoking a Pete 304 heritage,Lane LL-7 ,Mug of CR coffee.
I am waiting for a call from the hospital,informing me of a time for my wife`s pick up . By the grace of God everything went well and she only needed 1 heart stent.Hopefully,I can catch a nap later...
I hope everything turns out right for you EZ. God knows you can do with a change in luck mate.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a Snap Dragon apple on the side. I'm going back to my diet now. I'm passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. It's been cold and raining much of the night, and all day, so I'm staying inside. Haven't seen any ferals so far, but at some point Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager are likely to venture out for food. Tomato the Brave probably won't. Daisy, our esteemed Feral Princess has been snoozin' on my chair in the studio.
View attachment 14700
Wow. nice pipe.