What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the last football game of the weekend and loaded an Apple Diplomat with GLP Westminster. Listening to Nillson on my new headphones.
1000004161.jpg

Now smoking Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Tomato the Brave has finally showed up. As cold as it is, I wonder where he's going to keep warm. Abner the Eager was here for a while. Daisy the Feral Princess has been here all day. Haven't seen Sam the Scamp.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Cased 1908 WH NEWMAN Antique CALABASH Amber SILVER Meerschaum Estate Pipe
Bought it 7 years ago and finally gave it a try with don't laugh much anticipated Carter Hall.
I felt a little dainty and posh as its a lot smaller than many of my favorite pipes, but bloody smoked soooo cool and I enjoyed the carter hall and I get why people say its an all day smoke.
Unfortunately I could taste the Everclear cleaning I did on it 7 years ago but that will go as I flood it with a smorgasbord of Backey 😄

I wish like as probably a lot of you peps do that buy estate pipes , who had smoked it in the past. I reckon in 1908 this would have been a fancy pants smoker?
I can guarantee mmm maybe I am the first Aussie, blue collar, uncouth, uneducated owner to enjoy it :ROFLMAO:(y)

1705903074434.png

Bought it 7 years ago and finally gave it a try with don't laugh much anticipated Carter Hall.
I felt a little dainty and posh as its a lot smaller than many of my favorite pipes, but bloody smoked soooo cool and I enjoyed the carter hall and I get why people say its an all day smoke.
Unfortunately I could taste the Everclear cleaning I did on it 7 years ago but that will go as I flood it with a smorgasbord of Backey 😄

I wish like as probably a lot of you peps do that buy estate pipes , who had smoked it in the past. I reckon in 1908 this would have been a fancy pants smoker?
I can guarantee mmm maybe I am the first Aussie, blue collar, uncouth, uneducated owner to enjoy it :ROFLMAO:(y)

View attachment 14970
Congrats to you! It's a stunning pipe.

Did a bit of snacking, and am smoking first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

Following our mate from down under
Aussiemike. I'm going to have a long cool smoke of Hobbit Weed in my Grandfather's Edwardian Gourd Calabash, with sterling silver cap and mount. It really is, as Aussie quite rightly states, a very elegant pipe, that always delivers an exceptionally awesome smoke. And I always feel, just that little more reflective, if not a little superior when smoking it 🤣
20230723_132015.jpg

Good morning BoBs. Another restless night. At 3:30 am Molly wakes me up barking. Wound up taking out all 3. Couldn't get back to sleep. At 5 Charlie wanted to go out again. Got him back in and settled down till around 6 or so when he wanted to get down and play. Got up, made coffee, fed Charlie, loaded up the Butz Choquin with Rivendell and headed for the patio. Had to call CVS to find out why they shipped me an order of multi vitamin gummies for her? Thought it would be a simple call. Nope. Took 5 calls/transfers and talking to 6 people. Still no help. Did find out the credit card used was not mine so really don't care. If none of her friends want them in the garbage they go. Neighbor just came to get Charlie for a walk and playtime with her dog Ruthie, so finally settled in with the Rivendell and some cowboy coffee. Gonna be another busy day. Take care my friends. Later.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the first third of this bowl of Sutliff States of Virginia Limited Edition ’23 in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching Bat Masterson.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Smoking a Pete Aran 999 with CS Picayune pancake,Tim Horton`s k-cup.This Pete was an impulse buy a year ago,I may have smoked it 4-5 times since I bought it, Sadly It`s too short of a smoke for me,due to the fact that it does not hold much tobacco.

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2012 E-soterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Dishwasher puked today, spent an hour trying to track down replacement spray arm assembly with no luck. It is 12 years old, so it really doesn't owe me anything. Emptied it and rinsed it - might be a while before I get around to removing it, there is still a chance I can get the part but I won't know for a month. It will be nice if I can, otherwise I'll be washing dishes by hand for a long while. Had a bowl of Va Slices in the Cobbler, they're a really good match.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Smoking a Savinelli 626 alligator with CS picayune pancake,bottle of Poland spring water. This tobacco used to be called 2 nd breakfast, Sadly, IMHO they changed more than just the name. most of CS tobacco`s are good quality blends,but this one ain`t what it used to be.Somethings changed! I will not be reordering.