What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close to finishing this bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a 2018 smooth full bend Peterson Premiere 312 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite saddle stem with a p-lip. Sam the Scamp came in to eat, and decided to take a snooze on my lap. Sam wanted some reassurance after being chased by Daisy the Feral Princess, so I let him stay on my lap for a while. Anyway, I'm gong to bed as soon as this bowl is finished.
Peterson_Premiere312.jpg

Good Morning!
I ended yesterday with part of a Let Freedom Ring Rob Roy filled with Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia. Chores are done and I made a moka pot of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe while finishing last night's pipe. Now it's time to plan out the day with GLP Westminster in an Apple Diplomat and a nice rich cup of coffee.
1000004345.jpg

Woke up, fed three ferals, and Sleepy Suzy, and I was awake. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S.
View attachment 15746
Good morning Jim, it's actually Saturday the day after this post. I was going to message you with this question on another platform, but while you're on my mind now, I didn't want to forget lol. I'm just curious, it's my nature, but, do you have an "everyday" blend? A blend that you smoke at least once or twice a day? I've only been smoking a pipe full time for twelve years, and I stil need variety.

Close to finishing this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning Jim, it's actually Saturday the day after this post. I was going to message you with this question on another platform, but while you're on my mind now, I didn't want to forget lol. I'm just curious, it's my nature, but, do you have an "everyday" blend? A blend that you smoke at least once or twice a day? I've only been smoking a pipe full time for twelve years, and I stil need variety.
Unless I am reviewing, running errands, or am out of town, I don't repeat a blend during the day. I have several blends for certain purposes because they are easy burners that don't need many relights while I am busy: work smokes and walking smokes. Three Sails (and D&R blends in general) is a walking smoke that seldom requires a relight.

I start everyday with EGR because it's a comfortable way to do so.

Yes it is Dude, and one of the UK's top selling pipe tobaccos.
I must find…. I am a total Anglophile, we keep joking that we want to be surrogate grandchildren to a kind old couple in a small English village and they give us their cottage in the will. I want it to be the same walking distance to the pub and church.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Gourmet Blend, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I had a tough night sleeping due to back pain,woke up for work to find a snowstorm ,that started in the middle of the night. I got home from work and went back to bed. 3 hour nap. Now smoking some Casey Jones in a De Paja bent brandy, Peet`s dark roast. Wife wants homemade chicken soup for dinner because she`s battling a nasty cold. The fun never stops!

Half way through this bowl of Wilke beta test in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Watching The Lone Ranger, and writing beta notes on this blend.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

Now smoking year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg