What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While some D&R blends can be used for cigarettes, which I don't smoke, all of them are suitable for the pipe. Some are are made for a pipe only. Three Sails, Penhooker and Penhooker Silver are double duty products, but I enjoy their high citrus content. Windsail is just a durn good straight Va. smoke.

If you want a burley blend with a little strength, try Two Timer and Two Timer Gold.
Or 5 brothers if you can stand a healthy nic hit.

1975 Savinelli Autograph 6 on a beautiful day in my mancave. Smoking MB Solent English Mixture vintage 2010. Drinking decalf coffee. View attachment 15801
How heavy is that pipe? I like Savs and have several. Been tempted to try an Autograph but every one I ever picked up seemed really heavy.

Almost half way through this bowl of KBV Mr. Christian’s Chocko Leone in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Jim, I am sure you've told the story of getting this pipe many times, but for my enlightenment I'd love to hear the story. I know Wm. Conrad was a Charatan fan. I have a number of Lane Era Charatans and I, too, have always loved them. One of my Executives.View attachment 15812
Actually, I don't think I have discussed it much, and certainly not in any detail. I got two of them at two different times from a good friend, but the stories behind them would take wayyyyyyy too long to write about.

Back from the pool tourney. Partner and I won 4 games but in the final match we were down to 1 object ball for each team and the 8 ball. My partner made his ball but left me with a terrible leave. I pulled it out and made the 8 but scratched. Now almost through a pre dinner bowl of Drucquer Levant in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with orange spice on the side. Ate myself silly at the tourney as they provided some really good tacos and cheese dip, so it's a light dinner of soup and a half sandwich.

Back from the pool tourney. Partner and I won 4 games but in the final match we were down to 1 object ball for each team and the 8 ball. My partner made his ball but left me with a terrible leave. I pulled it out and made the 8 but scratched. Now almost through a pre dinner bowl of Drucquer Levant in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with orange spice on the side. Ate myself silly at the tourney as they provided some really good tacos and cheese dip, so it's a light dinner of soup and a half sandwich.
I saw that you gave a "sad face" to my comment about being near the end of the SWRA tub. Don't worry, brother. I have nine more. Some go back twenty years. :)

I saw that you gave a "sad face" to my comment about being near the end of the SWRA tub. Don't worry, brother. I have nine more. Some go back twenty years. :)
Just opened my last tub of SWR. Guess I should get a few more but the Indian smoke shop where I still get them for almost half of anyplace online hardly ever has more than 2 on the shelf at one time.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Now smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Hopefully, I'll end a long, busy day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Got up a little while ago, and heard Sam the Scamp at the back door. I let him in to eat, and after that, he laid by my side for a snooze. He sure is turning into a butterball. While I was awake, I smoked a bowl of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just put Sam outside, and I'm going back to bed.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Sam_Fat.jpg