What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning gents. Up fairly early this morning as we have a full day. I have to make an early trip to CVS to restock on wine. Then to Tractor Supply for more oat supplements for the horses. Then to the ranch to ride Cochise and Teddy. Back home and then a trip to the market and to Costco. So enjoying a big bowl of CS Cowboy Coffee in the Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with morning CR coffee before the trek begins, lol. Have a great day my friends.

Good Morning!
I ended yesterday with a Rob Roy filled with GLP Abingdon and a glass of hard cider trying to make sense of a poorly written text and formulate a reasonable reply. I'm starting the day with a slightly better reply back and an MM Apple Diplomat filled with GLP Westminster along with a fresh cup of Brazilian coffee.
Wife has a friend like that. She will send a text that just rambles and makes no sense whatever. Kind of a dingbat to use Archies phrase. Lol

there is no single truth
There are things that are true but many speculations are taken as true by people. Back in the nineties I was managing a business and writing computer code for a company. Most of the code contained "if" statements that would carry out operations based on the variable being "true". I spent many a night watching the planes line up to land at Logan Airport from my balcony while wondering what outside of Mathematics and computer logic was true. I left my career and enrolled in the University of Massachusetts to find out.

There are things that are true but many speculations are taken as true by people. Back in the nineties I was managing a business and writing computer code for a company. Most of the code contained "if" statements that would carry out operations based on the variable being "true". I spent many a night watching the planes line up to land at Logan Airport from my balcony while wondering what outside of Mathematics and computer logic was true. I left my career and enrolled in the University of Massachusetts to find out.
Outside of math, science, and physics pretty much everything else is somewhat speculative and open to interpretation.

Smoking some CS Parson`s blend in a Pete Watson, Yukon coffee. I finally got my lazy ass outside to fill all of the feeders. It seems like the feral kittens have been amusing themselves by clawing thru the screens in the screen room in the yard. I told me wife they need to be evicted!

Smoking some CS Parson`s blend in a Pete Watson, Yukon coffee. I finally got my lazy ass outside to fill all of the feeders. It seems like the feral kittens have been amusing themselves by clawing thru the screens in the screen room in the yard. I told me wife they need to be evicted!
Crate them up and send them to Jiminks, lol.

Even some science is suspect with "proof" coming from statistical analysis that is easily tweaked to support a desired conclusion. It's especially true in the science backing medical and pharmaceutical claims.
I guess I was referring to science which is somewhat indisputable like chemical reactions and atomic energy, not "science" derived from statistical analysis.

H&H in my Bones Dublin this morning. Mother Nature finally delivered the "gift" we were "promised". The hype about weather events lately really tires me out, I see no difference in the severity of this storm and 100 I walked to school in as a kid. But somehow every snowstorm is now life-threatening. Might look up "Wag the Dog" today.

PS: I just walked to school, it wasn't uphill, I wasn't shoeless, I didn't carry a sack of coal for the school stove...I just walked to school.

Attachments

• Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did a set of walking reps on this sunny, humid day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Sam the Scamp sat by the end of my driveway waiting for me to come to the house. When I did, he followed me, but Harry the Hairy was waiting for us. Tomato the Brave just looked at them thinking, "Two Bozo the Clowns is better than one."
Molina_Apple.jpg

Out and about running errands with Jacksie along for the ride. I picked up a packet of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic at the Fayette Cigar Store in downtown Lexington. I've been wanting to try SWRA for some time. On opening the packet the tobacco seemed dry, but I loaded my Hardcastle's bent billiard and fired it up. The aroma is quite pleasing and I enjoyed it. I plan to drop a humidifier disc in it and try again tomorrow.
20240229_102401.jpg

I cleaned up two incubators to start a clutch of chickens and turkeys, they'll get loaded with eggs as soon as the internal temp stabilizes. Noon chores are done and I'm taking a break with GLP Kensington in a Pride along with another cup of coffee.
Domestic or "wild" turkeys?