What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of Wilke “Straight Virginia” in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Dublin Sterling Canadian 264 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. This is Back Bay with no perique. John Brandt made it for me upon my request. Phone chatting with the brother of my oldest friend.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling264 .jpg

Part way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This should get me to dinner time.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Outside of math, science, and physics pretty much everything else is somewhat speculative and open to interpretation.
Flannery O'Connor once wrote, "Mystery is an embarrassment to the modern mind". Bottom line: everything is filled with mystery. I had an astrophysicist at the S. Pole when I was stationed there who told me he studies how stars are born - using the radio telescope there - because it's filled with mystery and always will be.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sam the Scamp is snoozin' on the top of my chair. All the other ferals are outside. Haven't seen Abner the Eager the last two days.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Mixing experiment in my Brigham Voyageur this evening. Green tea with honey beside. This isn't a bad combination but I think I enjoy the components more separately: Smooth Black and Golf Cavendish (Sutliff) and Byzantium (C&D). Aging might make a smoother melange but mine is an immediate use cellar.

Attachments

• Brigham Voyageur 129.jpg
    Brigham Voyageur 129.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0