What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Near the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a slight bend black sandblasted 1970s Pierluigi Perinielanidi brandy with a brown smooth briar and golden yellow acrylic half saddle stem. Just let Sam the Scamp out of the back bathroom to roam around the house. Molly Danger saw her, hissed, and ran off. Molly hates all ferals.
View attachment 17639
For some reason I look at this pipe and think Bauhaus.

We've refilled our drinks, and I'll have one last smoke with Sutliff Rum & Maple in the Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem.
20240123_150318.jpg

I am having Old Professor in my Rattray's with some green tea this evening. Been trying to find contact information for Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) International Mail Processing Centre, to track down my order. I just deleted 3/4 of this post because it was devolving into a rant. Suffice to say my search is going nowhere fast.

Attachments

• Rattray's Dark Ale 107.jpg
    Rattray's Dark Ale 107.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Tomorrow is an off diet day, and I will eat, and eat, and eat some more. :) Had a little fun playing with the scampers. Watching the Braves-Astros game. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.

I'm half way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
Barling_249.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed eating, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Downloading scamper photos and videos.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Near the last third of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

This morning, I let Sam the Scamp out of the back bathroom to roam around the house as a break from her littles. Molly Danger saw her, hissed, and ran off. Molly hates all ferals, but is afraid of Sam. Abner the Eager walked parts of my last two laps with me, and came in to eat and snooze. Didn't see Tomato the Brave until this evening. Guess he was in the shade somewhere. Later on, when both fellas were inside, we brought out the playpen for the scampers, Abner and Tomato ran to the door as fast as possible to get away from them. Daisy the Feral Princess hissed and growled angrily, and when she started to run, Sleepy Suzy blocked her way (not on purpose). Daisy yelled at Suzy, took a swipe at her, and hid behind m’lady’s chair. Daisy knows she will be punished when she messes with one of our cats, but fear overtook her senses this time. I put her out anyway.

As I was checking Facebook notifications this evening, one of the scamper videos was playing. Sam heard the babies crying, and ran and jumped up on the arm of my chair to see who was squealing. She was upset because she couldn’t find her baby, and then stared at the screen. She couldn’t comprehend what was happening. I stopped the video play, but Sam didn’t feel okay until she heard the scampers playing, fighting, and squealing in the playpen. She ran back to them as fast as she knew how. Sam is especially aggressive toward any cat that gets near her babies.

While I was playing with the scampers, Sam laid by my left leg to watch what was going on. She doesn’t purr out loud, but I felt her motor running where her body was touching me. Must have been an act of protection and affection at the same time. Often, I have pay her attention at the same time I pay it to the scampers.

After midnight, Tomato the Brave wanted to come in to eat, but with the playpen antics being in full gear, I knew it wasn’t a good idea. I fed him wet food (which he gets twice a day) outside, and stayed with him to make sure nobody bothered him. It was a good idea because Harry the Hairy showed up, and he doesn’t get wet food. I picked Harry up, and rubbed him until Tomato finished eating. As soon as I put Harry down, Daisy the Feral Princess and Abner the Eager showed up. I let her in to eat wet food, and held Abner in my lap until she finished because he doesn’t get wet food either. After Abner ate, he wanted out, but Daisy was blocking the back door. They both screeched at each other, and I put both outside. Finally, I get to relax.
Orang&MC_Close1.jpg

Orang&MC_Close2.jpg

Orangehold2.jpg

MC_CloseBT1.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. With any luck, I'll be able to end the day with this smoke. Time to read baseball box scores after I check the forum.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Couldn't sleep, so I did some reading and smoked a bowl of year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Special Curly in a reddish brown 2002 Caminetto J.N.C.C. Spool three quarter bend smooth flat top and bottom with sandblast in-between and a tapered black acrylic stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while. Going back to bed, now.
Caminetto J.N.C.C. Spool.jpg

Good morning everybody ☺️.
Today I'm going to try a pipe I have never smoked, a pipe inherited from my brother when he quit some years ago.
One reason being that I've never smoked it, is because it uses a special filter, that is rarer to find in the UK, that a camel winning the Grand National.
But speaking to a friend, and fellow piper in the pub last night, who swears by these pipes, he suggested that I wrap a cigarette paper around the filter placement, adding it works well.
So what is this pipe I hear you ask.
Well it's a EA Carey Magic inch, with a carved Winston Churchill Briar. Although Mrs Z reckons it looks more like me 😂.
And the tobacco of choice this morning will be Petes EMP. Wish me luck, and I wish you all an awesome day my friends.
20240411_160530.jpg
20240411_160640.jpg

Good morning everybody ☺️.
Today I'm going to try a pipe I have never smoked, a pipe inherited from my brother when he quit some years ago.
One reason being that I've never smoked it, is because it uses a special filter, that is rarer to find in the UK, that a camel winning the Grand National.
But speaking to a friend, and fellow piper in the pub last night, who swears by these pipes, he suggested that I wrap a cigarette paper around the filter placement, adding it works well.
So what is this pipe I hear you ask.
Well it's a EA Carey Magic inch, with a carved Winston Churchill Briar. Although Mrs Z reckons it looks more like me 😂.
And the tobacco of choice this morning will be Petes EMP. Wish me luck, and I wish you all an awesome day my friends.View attachment 17664View attachment 17665
That is a nice setup. Have a great day my friend.

One of my finest smoking pipes— a Radice Clear saddle bit billiard from the 1990’s. Smoking some Scottish Flake. These pipes, in my opinion, represent some of the best value in pipes today. Very close to a perfect pipe—smokes cool and dry, balanced proportions, open draw, no fills, beautiful grain, and an acrylic stem that is quite comfortable. The poor lighting from an overcast sky doesn't do justice to this pipe’s beauty.
IMG_8977.jpeg