What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on the patio to read, this time with Sutliff Rum & Maple in a Barling Sovereign bent acorn with saddle stem and Bulleit Rye on ice.
Barling Sovereign Bent Acorn.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of unreleased 2023 Sutliff English slab in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

Currently, I am finishing this bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff VaPer in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black sand blasted canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem.
Tom_Eltang_AJDublin.jpg

2nd bowl is CS Shepherds Pie in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with more CR coffee. Was going to go riding but rain put the kibosh on that. So having a leisurely day at home until Wifey takes me out for birthday dinner this afternoon.
Happy birthday @Ranger107

I have a tin in the queue along with Quiet Nights. Both have excellent reviews but I've never ordered them because they contain Perique which tends to give me hiccups. Both descriptions claim the Perique is subtle, if it is and it adds that touch of plum they may change my mind!
I like Quiet Nights, don't really notice the perique. Let me know how Chelsea Morning compares to QN.

Chili for supper. Now enjoying Froggy Morton in a Butz Choquin 1/2 bent dublin with perfect straight grain and Jim Beam Red Stag on the patio. Been raining off and on the last hour or so. Wife's brother visiting from CO, so 4 doggies in the house. My Ranger buddy dropping their dog off in the morning for the day so will have 5 doggies all day tomorrow. Wheee. Lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, haddock and show peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. I would have posted before now, but Long Tail had other ideas.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Long Tail watches the Braves game.
LTWatchesBraves1.jpg

LTShoulder1.jpg

Long Tail sez, "His hair tastes like chicken feathers."
LTLicksHair3.jpg

LTShoulder4Smoke.jpg

Near the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Going to clean a few pipes soon. One of the orange tabbies wanted to show Long Tail that he can walk all over me, too.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg
OTJimBack1.png

A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, haddock and show peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. I would have posted before now, but Long Tail had other ideas.
View attachment 18019
Long Tail watches the Braves game.
View attachment 18021
View attachment 18022
Long Tail sez, "His hair tastes like chicken feathers."
View attachment 18023
View attachment 18024
Lovely vids and pics Jim, long tail has great markings like war paint or a gridiron player on his face.(y) Who said cats aren't affectionate.

Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am now smoking 2019 C&D Yorktown in a medium bend raw sienna toned early Radice sandblast egg with bamboo carving on the shank and a black acrylic saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in several years, and picked a blend to see if there's any ghost of Oriental tobacco in it. Ice water and bergs is my drink. I may end the day with this smoke.
Radice_blast_egg.jpg

Well, I'm awake, and smoking year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Just fed Molly Danger, and after she eats, I'll feed Tomato the Brave, who had not been here for hours. Had to lock Sam the Scamp in the bathroom so she wouldn't create any drama over wet food.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

Still couldn't sleep, so I opened up a tin of year 2012 G&H Rum Flake in a small 1982 three quarter bend meer with a smiling turbaned Turk's head and gold acrylic tapered stem. I'm passing the half way mark through sugary coated flakes.
Unbranded_Turk1982.jpg

RumFlake.jpg