What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smokes as well as a first and worth the $19.95 I paid for it all those years ago. This'll do it for me today. Reading baseball box scores.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

Good Morning!
We woke up this morning and the Scampers had become Glampers! Instead of sleeping on the livingroom rocking chair they moved on upstairs to our bed. Chores are done on this beautiful morning, almost 70° and sunny, however we're heading up into the 90's this afternoon. Starting off with GLP Westminster in a Rob Roy and coffee.

It's a lovely day in the Bluegrass! I'm on the patio enjoying KBV Burley Morning Pipe in the Jansen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem, drinking Folger's Colombian, and reading a book. La dolce vita.
View attachment 18954
Still out on the patio, but now with a Barling Sovereign bent acorn with saddle stem. I've filled it with the last of my four samples from Wilke, Lizzie Blood Red Virginia. This is one of a number of Va/Pers that JimInks suggested when I was bemoaning the prospect of running out of Watch City Rouxgaroux. The scent in the pouch is really nice. When I lit the tobacco, the aroma and taste were just delicious, fragrant and fruity and a touch of sweetness. I don't think I will run out of Rouxgaroux, because I will happily be alternating between these two blends.

Good morning BoBs. On the patio with Hobbits Weed in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard and CR morning coffee. Had a little drama last night. Poor little Augie has had diarrhea for several days now and last night was really bad. Wife and I were up a dozen times or more to take him out. Can't figure out what is causing it. Taking him to the vet this morning. Have a great day my friends.

Morning fellas. The day is cool and overcast. Currently rocking a bowl of 2014 Three Friars in a big ol' pick axe. Putting together a shopping list as the morning unfurls. My daughter is a freshman in high school - today is the last day of the school year. She requested her favorite meal for dinner tonight, so I am taking the day off and cooking up a storm. Full scratch menu: roasted green chili chicken enchiladas with rice and cowboy beans. Going to smoke the chicken on my trusty Weber - old school is the only school haha. Well seasoned cast iron accompanied by several well seasoned briars shall be my partners today. See you boys on the flip flop. Good day to all.

2nd bowl is Urban Cowboy in a Pete system B42 smooth bent with a 3rd mug of coffee. Wind is picking up. Couldn't get the Road King to disarm the anti theft system yesterday. Finally figured out the battery was shot. Another 160 bucks out of pocket. Seems like everything is breaking lately. Just a run of bad luck I guess. Later BoBs.

Did a set of walking reps on this hot and humid, sunny day, and am near the finish of this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke. Getting ready to watch the Mets-Guardians game.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

About a quarter of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Cleaned a few pipes, broke down boxes for recycle, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly danger, and am still watching the ball game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was my first Sasieni. Bought it at my local Tinderbox for $9.95. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Sasieni_Ivory_apple.jpg

2nd bowl is Urban Cowboy in a Pete system B42 smooth bent with a 3rd mug of coffee. Wind is picking up. Couldn't get the Road King to disarm the anti theft system yesterday. Finally figured out the battery was shot. Another 160 bucks out of pocket. Seems like everything is breaking lately. Just a run of bad luck I guess. Later BoBs.
I can't remember who said it, "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."

May your wheel turn.