What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Too many bowls at work today, don't think I'll have another tonight. It's too easy to light a bowl and begin a task, complete the task move on. Rinse and repeat. If I'm doing half a dosen things in a shift then the bowls add up fast. All of it SWR in a cob. At this rate the cobs wont last the season.
MM Legend 5th Avenue.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Long Tail won't leave my side today.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Long Tail won't leave my side today.
View attachment 18935
Might as well select a name for "longtail!" You have been officially "adopted!!" LOL, FTRPLT

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Cubs game with the shy orange fella by my side. Long Tail was here for a long time, and the second she left to go to her mother, the li'l fella took her place.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

My purchase from rebornpipes arrived today: a 1994 Peterson's of Dublin Sherlock Holmes Mycroft slightly bent Dublin with silver mount and tapered fishtail vulcanite stem. I love its long, graceful curve, and it just feels right when I hold it. I filled it with a blend which JimInks helped create: Wilke Royal Admiral. Jim classifies this blend as a "semi-aromatic English" This is a lovely blend in which fragrant Latakia, Virginia, and Oriental tobaccos are all distinguishable, but are well matched. The rum does not dominate, but it's more than a condiment. Right now this is at the top of my list of blends that I will choose from to match with this pipe. Again Jim, well done!
20240521_214006.jpg

My purchase from rebornpipes arrived today: a 1994 Peterson's of Dublin Sherlock Holmes Mycroft slightly bent Dublin with silver mount and tapered fishtail vulcanite stem. I love its long, graceful curve, and it just feels right when I hold it. I filled it with a blend which JimInks helped create: Wilke Royal Admiral. Jim classifies this blend as a "semi-aromatic English" This is a lovely blend in which fragrant Latakia, Virginia, and Oriental tobaccos are all distinguishable, but are well matched. The rum does not dominate, but it's more than a condiment. Right now this is at the top of my list of blends that I will choose from to match with this pipe. Again Jim, well done!
View attachment 18941
Thanks for the kind words.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1982_Dublin_RB.jpg

GangCT1.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

LTLeg1.jpg

LTLeg2.jpg

GangCT1.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight smooth brown pre-1920s W.D.C. Bakelite bulldog with an electro silver band and tapered black vulcanite stem with an orific bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
W.D.C. Bakelite bulldog.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend military mount Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem.
Karl_Erik_horn.jpg