What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Nib, Dunbar or Durbar? Familiar with Durbar as Brunello gifted me a sample which was very good. Never heard of Dunbar???
It's Dunbar by Esoterica. I got some the last couple of times its came in. I really like it along with their Dorchester and Tilsbury.

Old Joe Krantz in a Charatan's Make poker.
16283588972886886059774327592391.jpg

Had a wonderful cinnamon raisin French toast lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Feuerwachter Enterprises Red Virginia Ribbon in a very small slight bent black sandblasted Smokers Forum.UK 2015 POTY Chris Askwith Prince 5 with a tapered black acrylic stem with a flared bit.
Askwith_Prince5_SFUK_2015POY.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Granger in a straight smooth medium brown undated Comoy’s Tradition 110B billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time to do another set of walking reps.
Comoy’s Tradition 110B billiard.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Gold in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Great pipe!
Bertram 60 squat bulldog.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a black vulcanite tapered stem. There's a comfort in dedicating pipes to blend, and this smoke is a perfect example of that. Btw, for Lucille Ball fans, check out channel 104 on Sirius/XM for her 1960s radio talk show, Let's Talk to Lucy. The episodes run about ten minutes, and the conversations are serious.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Finished work for the day, did a load of dishes, fed my cats and the feral cats, took out the trash, and enjoyed a big, tasty Jazz apple. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of D&R Windsail in a 2018 full bend smooth Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade with a silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade, 2018.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning,
Starting my day with a Comoy`s bent brandy filled with 7 sea`s regular tobacco,The 7 sea`s is about 6 months old now and the tobacco seems better to me then when I first got it.Maybe this is something that I should do more often.

EZ, how do you like the Casey Jones?
Ranger,
I have smoked a dozen bowls or so of the Casey Jones Beyond Brave tobacco,I really like that it`s not a wet blend,it can be smoked with no drying,it`s a very mellow aromatic. I get a light vanilla,nutty taste. There seems to be no PG on this tobacco at all ! The room note was wife approved.I smoke sweeter tobacco`s mostly,So I have been adding Sutliff Vanilla custard to it,That being said,I ordered a 12 oz. can of this as well as a can of the hero`s blend which is supposed to be very good as well. They also have another blend called last ride,I believe,which is a mild cherry blend,But,I am not really into cherry tobacco`s. I bought this with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised !

Gave up trying to sleep, so I'm smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Ranger,
I have smoked a dozen bowls or so of the Casey Jones Beyond Brave tobacco,I really like that it`s not a wet blend,it can be smoked with no drying,it`s a very mellow aromatic. I get a light vanilla,nutty taste. There seems to be no PG on this tobacco at all ! The room note was wife approved.I smoke sweeter tobacco`s mostly,So I have been adding Sutliff Vanilla custard to it,That being said,I ordered a 12 oz. can of this as well as a can of the hero`s blend which is supposed to be very good as well. They also have another blend called last ride,I believe,which is a mild cherry blend,But,I am not really into cherry tobacco`s. I bought this with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised !
Thanks, I really like sutlff vanilla custard. Never thought of adding it to anything else but you have given me an idea.