What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you tend to smoke wet tobacco and smoke wet in general, Peterson system pipes do not tend to be forgiving.
Jim,I respect your opinion and agree with you,But it puzzles me as to why none of my other 5 Peterson bent system pipes gurgle like this ! I am using the exact same tobacco`s with the same amount of drying time.Is there something wrong with this new Pete? I can`t get thru a bowl of tobacco with out draining this pipe and using 2-3 pipe cleaners ?
thanks for your help. Smoking some SUTLIFF Creme brulee in a Peterson rocky xl90 pipe.

Jim,I respect your opinion and agree with you,But it puzzles me as to why none of my other 5 Peterson bent system pipes gurgle like this ! I am using the exact same tobacco`s with the same amount of drying time.Is there something wrong with this new Pete? I can`t get thru a bowl of tobacco with out draining this pipe and using 2-3 pipe cleaners ?
thanks for your help. Smoking some SUTLIFF Creme brulee in a Peterson rocky xl90 pipe.
That is weird. Take a light and look down the shank and check the drilling.

Now smoking year 2016 Orlik Golden Sliced in a smooth brown medium bend Abbott 788 (Sasieni family era) author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to do another set of walks.
Abbott.jpg

Now smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 1728

That’s beaut, and I feel like the new/current Capstan is pretty tasty once it has a few years on it.

Will you be attending the Richmond show if it doesn’t get cancelled? If so I’ll see if I have any Fayyum Kake left and bring it up!

That’s beaut, and I feel like the new/current Capstan is pretty tasty once it has a few years on it.

Will you be attending the Richmond show if it doesn’t get cancelled? If so I’ll see if I have any Fayyum Kake left and bring it up!
I hope to go, but I don't know yet. I think everything is up in the air.

I love that Grand Slam. Always wanted one. A good friend gifted me a bunch of pipes, and that was one of 35 Comoy's he gave me. Gave me a dozen Sasienis, and couple patent Dunhill bulldogs, and more.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries and cherries for dessert. I'm almost a third of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Cards game, and cleaning a couple of estate pipes.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Baskerville.jpg

Some C&D Billy Budd in a crown rusticated 1/4 bent poker. Good stuff. Smoking a bit warm as this is only about the 3rd bowl in this pipe and needs more break in. Crown Royale on the side.
PS, posted a new thread about Rattrays Good Deal pipes but no response as yet. Anyone have this pipe to offer advice? Thanks,

EZ, try drying some creme brulee overnight, then try it in the new Pete and see how it does. My 2 Pete systems do smoke a bit wet with aros, but usually 1 cleaner takes care of it. Don't know if you like burley but try some CH on it. It doesn't smoke wet in any of my pipes.

The end of the work week is near! Enjoying some 2013 Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake in a Savinelli Estella 511 KS. I prefer this tobacco in the Fall, and with temps in the upper 50’s this morning, it seemed appropriate to break it out!
96349664-60DE-425E-AD6C-821DFB594997.jpeg

Good morning,
I am starting my day with a Danish Bari wiking freehand pipe,I have a blend of Lane1Q and BCA in it.
Any of you guys smoke aromatics? looking for opinions on Casey Jones Beyond Brave Tobacco. A good friend suggested that I explore other brands besides Lane/Sutliff,which is why I tried the Petersons Connisieurs choice,which I don`t really like! Thanks.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

S.G. Best Brown in my f.y.i. finish it yourself. Stummel was roughed out by Karsten Tarp.

@Ranger those older Charatan's are some of the best made and I think even the newer Lane era to be great smokers for the price.
View attachment 1731
Thanks for the info. My shot at getting it cheap went out the window. Checked this am and already up to $120, lol. Will probably go up to $150. Are they worth it at that price? It is a nice large bent dublin.

Good morning,
I am starting my day with a Danish Bari wiking freehand pipe,I have a blend of Lane1Q and BCA in it.
Any of you guys smoke aromatics? looking for opinions on Casey Jones Beyond Brave Tobacco. A good friend suggested that I explore other brands besides Lane/Sutliff,which is why I tried the Petersons Connisieurs choice,which I don`t really like! Thanks.
I haven't tried that blend, but I do recommend trying Wilke aros. They have a fair amount of good ones: #515, which Basil Rathbone smoked, Rum and Maple (best one I've tried), Rumcake, Peanut Butter and Chocolate (very addictive and I co-created this and the Peanut Butter blend), Vermont Maple Cavendish, Sweet Street, and Palmer.

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time to do a set of walking reps.
Molina_Apple.jpg